Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 stereo removal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 5496langford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 stereo removal
    Posted: 09 Aug 2008 at 1:17pm
I am confused, I am not sure how to remove my P12 stereo.
Can anybody assist.

Thanks
Mike
Janner View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest
Kerbalicious

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Janner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2008 at 1:38pm
Hi and welcome to NPOC,

Im not familliar with the P12 mate but hopefuly someone else will be along soon who can help you!

keith
stonegrey View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stonegrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2008 at 1:39pm
welcome to NPOCWave

try this handy "how to" created by renrut.

http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=14557

i have heard of someone replacing the stereo with an aftermarket one, if that is your intention, but, be careful, as P12's don't respond well to wiring modifications.

5496langford View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 5496langford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2008 at 1:41pm
Thank you,

For your swift reply, that link is helpful.

Thanks
Mike
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 5496langford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2008 at 3:29pm
All done,

I have removed my CD finally, all I need now is a new CY100 stereo unit? or would it be cheaper to modify the console area.

Thanks
Mike
norbert eggcup View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest
Swiss Tony

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norbert eggcup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2008 at 5:51pm
i dont think they are hugely expensive- plan B would to get a CV-707 cd multichanger and fit it in boot- wiring is normally taped up to left hand rear light loom behind trim
renrut View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote renrut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2008 at 11:43am
Hi there!

Are you planning on replacing it with an aftermarket one or is the original one just broken?

The P12 wiring isn't that bad really, just overly complicated and doesnt work in the obvious ways.
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 5496langford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2008 at 7:52am

I want to have a like for like, however I will try the CD changer for the time being, no doubt I will be back on again asking for wiring assistance, you chaps have been great and helped me out lots.

Thank You,
Mike
snader View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2012 at 3:08pm
Like langford, I'm looking to replace my car stereo with a aftermarket one with usb and sd connection. I dont care for cd's or dvd's.
Does anybody know if the P12 have standard ISO connectors to the radio? and is there a maximum power outtage from the radio?
mcgangsta View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcgangsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2012 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by snader snader wrote:

Like langford, I'm looking to replace my car stereo with a aftermarket one with usb and sd connection. I dont care for cd's or dvd's.
Does anybody know if the P12 have standard ISO connectors to the radio? and is there a maximum power outtage from the radio?

Depends on the manufactured year of your car. I think P12 doesn't have standard ISO -connectors. For pre -04 model this has been done, but for 04 and later, only rational chance is to follow HOWTO's of this forum,  for example: http://www.npoc.co.uk/Forum/primera-p12-fitting-xcarlink-connects2-usb-sd-mp3_topic59832.html

There is instructions to install an aftermarket player also somewhere here, but that's for pre -04 models only and doesn't know where it is :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>