Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Newbie seeking advice

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Newbie seeking advice
    Posted: 24 Jun 2017 at 5:22pm
Hi I've just joined the forum. 
 I have a Primera 1.8  Petrol (2002) I've had the problem of the camera coming on when pressing the brake pedal. I've also got the problem of beeping when i indicate left, and also losing power (briefly) on occasions when indicating. Someone has had a look at the nearside  light cluster for me and connected an earth wire, which seems to have sorted the camera coming on, but not sorted the beeping.  This all started when i had a couple of bulbs changed. Any suggestions of how to stop the beeping ? 
Thanks. 
roy.2 View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy.2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2017 at 5:26pm
Hi Tilly. Welcome to NPOC. Handshake
Try doing the other side as well, that should cure all your gremlins. Thumbs Up
Roy
Tilly View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2017 at 5:39pm
Hi, 

Thank you for that Roy.2. I will mention it when i'm back in work on Monday. Smile
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2017 at 11:49pm
Hi and welcome to the forumHandshake
I would check the bulbs that have been changed and ensure they are like for like. Beeping is the warning when turning and towing something. This has proven much harder to resolve than it should.
**See Admin** View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote **See Admin** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 1:15pm
Welcome Tilly . Keep us informed if Roy's suggestion paid off or have a search throughout the forum for other answers . Most questions asked now are P12 related so bound to of been others get the same fault
Tilly View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2017 at 10:36pm
Thanks Naughty Norm, I will. I've mentioned it in work, so just waiting to get time to get it done. The fitter said he'd read that it may be the bulbs causing it. ?   It was all fine until the bulbs were changed.. hmmm  I shall check out bulbs as well. 
Tilly View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2017 at 10:40pm
Thanks Timeshock, It may be the bulbs.. I'll update all when we sort it :) 
RS Tom-Hundred View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member
Condiment King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RS Tom-Hundred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 11:17am
Welcome to the club and hope you get the gremlins sorted soon Thumbs Up

edmo View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2017 at 10:37am
I know the topic of earth upgrades has been discussed many times on here but I am wondering if that's what's wrong with my car or not. I have a 53 plate P12 and it's doing allsorts it shouldn't lol. If I indicate left, I lose all power and kangaroo down the road like a learner. If I put my lights on I lose acceleration completely toothed extent I have to turn off my lights even at night to accelerate away from lights! Occasionally the radio screen goes off when I brake and the fog lights also come on occasionally when I brake but these haven't happened for ages. The main problem is the lack of acceleration and the kangarooing.

Now I have just rang Nissan to book it in for the earth upgrade. None of the mechanics there have ever heard of an earth problem , even the 'master mechanic'. They tried to tell me that the problem is corrosion in pin 5 at the rear and degradation of the light clusters. They are currently getting me a price for this but is this what I need to do? I don't want to pay Nissan a fortune to replace bits that I don't need to but I want it fixing as I'm starting to hate the car I used to love.

Any ideas greatly appreciated
roy.2 View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy.2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2017 at 11:12am
Do the rear light earth fix yourself. you only need a 10mm socket and some wire. Smile
Roy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>