Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 2005 sudden wiring problem?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brickbat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 2005 sudden wiring problem?
    Posted: 04 Mar 2018 at 8:48pm
Hi,

For some reason when I lean forward onto the steering wheel or if the road is bumpy my cd player turns on.  If its already on, it restarts the song.  It started doing it after a service from the authorised service center in Amsterdam.  I would have taken it back but I had it serviced just before exporting it so now its in another country.  Does anyone know if there is an easy fix for this?  If not, how much would you expect it to cost to be fixed?

All the Best
bb.
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2018 at 9:15pm
Depend what the fault is. It might be the loom on the steering wheel it affect the last accessory used. e.g. if it was the air con and you had changed the temp it would affect that. the loom replacement is by Nissan only, don't know the cost but I would always advise to ring around a few.
On the other hand id it is definitely bump that does it and it is only the DVD then who knows if it is the player, wiring or button.
brickbat View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brickbat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2018 at 3:40am
It definitely doesn't change anything but the cd player/radio. And I'm not absolutely certain about this but I think it may happen more often in sub-zero weather.
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2018 at 6:53am
when mine went it started with either cold or damp weather. I would just make a habit of using the aircon as a last function before driving and checking it out
brickbat View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brickbat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2018 at 10:17pm
Hi, so I'm still trying to find a fix for this but things are getting worse.  Now something is burning out the fuse that's related to my boot and when that happens I'm constantly getting a signal that a door is open.

Even the Nissan service people here in Sofia can't figure out what is doing this.  They think it's the boot switch on the door but I don't see how that would be causing all these other problems.  I think it's more likely is some cabling somewhere.  Is there a cable to goes between the front of the car where the computer is and the boot?  Is there somewhere it might be shorting in cold weather? Oh also, they can't figure out why none of my internal lights will work either.

So,in summary here are the issues

1. In cold weather radio has a mind of it's own
2. internal lights don't work
3. boot related fuse burning out and door open warning works continuously

Any ideas?

NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2018 at 12:30am
there has to be a physical connection from the button in the door to the rear lock this in turn will be linked to the SECU

http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/nissan-primera-p12-interior-lights-secu-diy-fix_topic44536.html

The internal light issue is also known to be a faulty SECU.

The CD issue is different and the cabling needs checking and I think probably awkward to sort however I think it is more likely to be the loom in the steering wheel
 Post Reply Post Reply