Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nissan Primera P12 2.2 Di starter motor wont turn
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 2.2 Di starter motor wont turn

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote covjek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2019 at 2:55pm
Sorry to hear you're having problems as well petterg. I bypassed the SECU and had no problems whatsoever. The switch under the bonnet is an easy first aid, but i prefer doing it the way i did so i don't have to think about it again. It's a total nerve wrecker for me if starting a car turns into a bloddy lottery.
I still haven't posted pictures of my bypass and relay as promised, but will do ASAP. Regards and keep us posted!
Welcome to the internet, a place where women are men, and little girls are FBI agents.
petterg View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petterg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 3:56am
Your solution is more elegant. But if the starter switch fails, you'll still fail to start the car. I'm thinking that when doing a hack to eliminate sources of problems, one might as well eliminate all possible sources of problems in a circuit.

If the problem occurs often, your way is better.
If the problem occurs less than 1% of the starts, one might be better off skipping the hole circuit.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12