Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P11 starts, but won't run!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan Singh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P11 starts, but won't run!
    Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 9:38am
My 99 P11 has been off the road and not run for a few years so I decided it was time to get it running again. The fuel gauge was off the red so I added around 10ltrs of new fuel. 
It starts, ticks over for about 10 seconds and that's it. It won't rev any higher.
Suspecting a fueling issue I took the pipe off the fuel filter and turned on the ignition expecting to see petrol but there was nothing. 
I checked the fuse which was OK and swapped the relay with the one next to it with the same part number. Then I checked both of the two plugs under the seat on the sender/pump unit. The smaller one shows no power with the ignition on but the bloody thing still starts and runs for 5-10 secs! 
I have run out of ideas, anyone got any suggestions please?     
Astral07 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Astral07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 7:24am
Spark plugs?
ragt20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Swiss Tony

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragt20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2019 at 9:02pm
check and clean the maf, if you haven't used it for a long time, give it a good service, check all basic stuff, plugs, maf etc...before looking for any complicated expensive issues
FAO : Laurens, I am not Shaun.
FAO : bavs83, I am not Tan.
VZR-CHECK, VZR-N1-CHECK, P11 VE-CHECK, P12 20V-CHECK, XTRAIL VET-CHECK
Grim View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

r1pp3R

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2019 at 10:40pm
When you switch ignition on you should hear the fuel pump prime for a second or two. Now if you remove the fuel line from the filter and switch on the ignition you should get fuel coming out constantly!
Sorry I scraped all those primeras ☹️
p11primeragt View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 1:02pm
I would of just changed the fuel pump for the time it takes and for what it costs.

And as said check all the basics,if its starting then quitting it's not going to be much.
Dan Singh View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan Singh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2019 at 9:52pm
Thanks for the input guys, I'll have another look at it this weekend. 

Post Reply Post Reply