Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Holla from Holland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 7:19am
Remember,loads and loads of pics, dude
P10 Army - G20.net MOTM April ´09 - NPOC.co.uk COTM April ´11
Celesticsnow View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Celesticsnow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by schwen schwen wrote:

Remember,loads and loads of pics, dude

I shall fix the story ;)
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Celesticsnow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 1:00pm
Finally got time to fit everything in! 

Hi all,

I'm new to the NPOC forums. My name is Oscar, 27 years old Nissan-head from the Netherlands. 

Growing up, my dad used to own a P10 GT, P11 1.6, P11 1.8 and finally a P11-144 2.0. As soon as I got my license, I would've been cruising around in those until I bought my first car.

Dad his last Primera: 

Growing up with Nissans, it was always either this or a Skyline. So here it is, my first ride:

EU Spec S13 with the CA18DET

Worked my ass off and saved a bit till I could afford one. Too bad, I was a funking idiot back then and fried the engine within a month. Got her fixed up and sold her for another ride. 

This second car made me addicted to the model. No other car so far handles as well as these POS cars. I cheated my beloved Nissan for these guilty pleassures. 

Behold, the rice cake:

MX-5 NA 1.6 slammed to the ground.

On my way to uni back then with bald tires (was about to change them that day.) I totalled the car after I lost control on a wet road. Had to scrap the car and spend a night at the hospital. 

After 1 week I bought my next one already. But this time the 'faster' version that was not as ridiculous as the first one was. 

MX-5 NA 1.8:

This one stayed the longest and I secretly miss this ride the most. Modified it a bit until it looked like this: 

Got an offer I couldn't resist and sold her.

Browsed around and stumbled upon one of my old loves so of course I had to buy her.

Behold, my second S13:

I'm one of those kids that prefer form over function so I had to modify it ofcourse :)

it ended up looking like this within a week: 

Sadly after a few months. I had to make some career choices. I've decided for the better and sold her off so I could do my internship in Berlin and after that an exchange semester in NYC. Although I still miss this S13 daily, I never once regretted it.

Between my internship & exchange I was home for 6 months so I needed a cheap & fun toy that could keep me busy. What else fits those criterias more than a MX-5? So yup, another MX5 it is.

Didn't do much to it except swapping the OEM lights back in and fitted better wheels. Sold it before I left for NYC.

Flash forward 1.5 years after my last car and adventure, I was driving my nan's Wagon-R as a daily. 
This has to be one of the slowes cars I've ever driven but you know what they say, its more fun to drive a slow car fast than driving a fast car slow. I can confirm this.

But if you look at my previous cars, I hope you can conclude that I'm addicted to speed. and while a MX-5 isn't THAT fast, it is waaay faster than the Wagon-R. So after an absolute dickhead smashed the rear window in without stealing anything from the car, it was time to look for something more 'fun'. 

Since a R32 Skyline is way out of reach right now, the love for the Primera's never faded. Browsed online and saw an offer that was way too good to decline. Although I had to travel all the way to the other side of the country for it, luckily the Netherlands isn't that big.

I still love the styling of the P10 more but this will settle for now and she's a keeper.

My current car which I'm really fond of, a Blue Primera P11 GT:

Apart from some other wheels & exhaust, she's still fairly stock. 

I don't have much plans with her as I'd love to keep this one a daily and save up for a R32 sedan next to it. However, I definitely will do the following: 

- Fix the rear fitment for now and eventually change the wheels (my inner stance kid really wants it) 
- Lower it by 30mm (same reason as above)
- Install the dual headlights 
- Impul OR Infiniti G20 grille

Apart from this, what could one do to a stock SR20DE without turboing it? ;)

NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Celesticsnow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 1:01pm
Sorry for tripple posting BUT HU-EFFING-RAY. IT WORKS
roy.2 View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy.2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 1:56pm
That GT looks very nice Oscar. Thumbs Up  Just try and keep it shiny side up! LOL
Roy
Stijn 23 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stijn 23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2019 at 6:33am
Knappe wagens! 

Impul/G20 grill on P11 means a complete hood. P10 it's separate. 

for mods, the things that I did on my P11 were:
- (K&N) air intake
- Header and downpipe (check ebay sr20 stuff)
- exhaust
- my lowering was 40mm with springs
- 17" wheels
- clear side markers

PS: ook aangemeld op nissanclub.nl? Ook veel info terug te vindenWink
Stevie-Boy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Legend Elite

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevie-Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2019 at 10:02am
You've had some pretty cool cars there and what a first car to own that was too!!!

I had two S13s and they were both amazing. They were nothing special per se, they were just brilliant at being what they were. Brilliant fun, the drift scene has of course rendered an S13 an impossible choice these days without paying stupid money so not a car I'll ever get to own again.

I know it's a slow car but I think the Wagon-R looks cool with that styling. Would be an epic car to turn into some sort of sleeper with something ridiculous under ther hood!

Love the GT, looks awesome!
2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Member of the Month: Jan 2014
ex P11 Si, P11 GT, P11-144 Sport+, P11 GT Turbo, P11-144 Wagon, Subaru Legacy B4 RSK, 350z, Type R
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Celesticsnow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2019 at 8:58am
Originally posted by roy.2 roy.2 wrote:

That GT looks very nice Oscar. Thumbs Up  Just try and keep it shiny side up! LOL

Definitely! :D

Originally posted by Stijn 23 Stijn 23 wrote:

Knappe wagens! 

Impul/G20 grill on P11 means a complete hood. P10 it's separate. 

for mods, the things that I did on my P11 were:
- (K&N) air intake
- Header and downpipe (check ebay sr20 stuff)
- exhaust
- my lowering was 40mm with springs
- 17" wheels
- clear side markers

PS: ook aangemeld op nissanclub.nl? Ook veel info terug te vindenWink

Do you have any pictures with the 40mm springs? I currently have 30mm on it but it still needs to be lower :p

Current wheels are 17", I think this is the perfect size but its a pain in the ass to find 4x114 over here.. Might convert it to either 5x114 or 5x120 

En jawel, daar ook al aangemeld maar hier toch meer info te vinden haha

Originally posted by Stevie-Boy Stevie-Boy wrote:

You've had some pretty cool cars there and what a first car to own that was too!!!

I had two S13s and they were both amazing. They were nothing special per se, they were just brilliant at being what they were. Brilliant fun, the drift scene has of course rendered an S13 an impossible choice these days without paying stupid money so not a car I'll ever get to own again.

I know it's a slow car but I think the Wagon-R looks cool with that styling. Would be an epic car to turn into some sort of sleeper with something ridiculous under ther hood!

Love the GT, looks awesome!

Still love the S13 but will never ever own one again. Ever since the first one, I could never really enjoy driving the second one since the CA18DET is fragile as funk! But apart from that, the drift-tax has affected this one as well :(

The Wagon-R we had was in my opinion the best version. it was the 1.2+ so had all the options on it, it really just needed some boost and make 100hp at least. Was a fun ride nonetheless haha
schwen View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote schwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2019 at 9:58am
Thanks for the pics chap!
P10 Army - G20.net MOTM April ´09 - NPOC.co.uk COTM April ´11
Stijn 23 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stijn 23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 6:49am
Pics of my 40mm lowering can be found 2 topics down from yours at the moment ;-) "I'm a newbie" post

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>