Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New turbo on P12 - fingers crossed....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davep11gt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2009 at 1:34pm
I've done the above on diesel engines at work, on our dumpers, though i imagine your P12 may be different. Not sure bout fault codes.
K&N FOR THE WIN!!!

EVERYTHING ELSE IS JUST SHITE!!!
briane View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote briane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2009 at 1:52pm
dave,

Yes,i agree , but the electric pulse is what injects it ,surely, otherwise why is it electrically connected?
davep11gt View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davep11gt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2009 at 2:06pm
I would have thought the pump keeps constant pressure to the fuel rail, and the ecu controls the opening and closing of the injectors. Like i said before, i dont know a lot about the P12.
K&N FOR THE WIN!!!

EVERYTHING ELSE IS JUST SHITE!!!
edk_N16 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest
Edwardo Del Dervo

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edk_N16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2009 at 2:20pm
Yes, pressure is constant in the rail, and I'm pretty sure the injectors only open on a signal from the ECU.
briane View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote briane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2009 at 2:36pm
Well, i just spoke to Godon lamb dealers and they have confirmed the car went in on Feb 06 at 30k miles, for "ECM gate recall", which i think was the boost valve remap thing, but they suggest having it checked , which for £35 , is worth it.
briane View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote briane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2009 at 9:23pm
Ok, so new filter,synthetic oil,new coolant, primed the turbo by cranking with injector sols disconnected .
Reconnected sols and she fired up fine. Markedly quieter than before.

However, the problem now is all the engine oil inside the exhaust. I ran at fast idle for 5 mins or so and then took it for a drive. Bad idea. Caught the attention of the traffic police (or somebody shopped me). The cars still belowing out white smoke which i'm supposing is all the engine oil in the exhaust.

I limped back home followed by the police car but he drove on once i was in the drive.

The engine oil level is ok so that confirms the engine has'nt suffered any other damage (i hope).

So what to do. Do i remove the exhaust and drain it/flush it.  Or just keep driving it. I'd say i lost 2 -3 litres when the turbo blew so may take a long time to burn off and the nieghbourhood is'nt gonna like that .....

Any other ideas???????
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12