Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 color camera

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johner07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 color camera
    Posted: 18 Nov 2009 at 10:34pm
hi dones anyone know where i can get a color camera for  my 2003 acenta it only has the black and white one in it and at nite i can see nothing at all thanks

norbert eggcup View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest
Swiss Tony

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norbert eggcup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2009 at 11:25pm
not interchangeable as far as i know
you can adjust brightness settings on camera when car is in reverse (with lights on or off 2 settings)Wink
johner07 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johner07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2009 at 12:27pm
yes i know dat but still see very little at dat till u hit something

steveduffield View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steveduffield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2009 at 9:53pm
Someone has tried to change their B&W camera to a colour one without sucess. I would assume that it uses the CAN bus network and probably the device is a node on the network.

I have the B&W camera and seems fine in the dark.

I would suspect that the brightness and contrast for the camera when the headlights are on are set quite low.
johner07 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johner07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2009 at 11:34am
yes when the headlights are on you can see nothing at all till you near hit it
 and i was just thinging of changing it to a color camera if i can

NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steveduffield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2009 at 1:34pm
Switch the lights on and put the car in reverse. When you press the SETTINGS button, this should allow you to alter the contrast and brightness settings just for the camera.
fossyant View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fossyant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2009 at 7:11pm
The black and white should be fine in the dark. Is there any moisture inside the glass. 
johner07 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johner07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2009 at 9:05pm
no theres not its all clear

johner07 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johner07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2009 at 9:15pm
steveduffield thanks alot they where down at the low i can see now in the dark thanks mate Thumbs UpWink is there anything els u can tell my about this car as wat hand free fone kit is takes

NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steveduffield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2009 at 10:01pm
The car kits for the P12 were dealer fitted and as such they were expensive. They also only supported older phones (even then it was limited). My SVE has the cradle for the Nokia 6210 (very old phone) which works well but I have to keep swapping the sim card from my new LG to the 6210.

As the P12 hasn't been in production for a while, finding a car kit may be difficult (eBay may be a better bet), but the car kit was manufactured specifically for the P12. No other car kit will interact with the N-Form console. Also car kits from post-Facelift aren't compatible with pre-facelift models (change-over was approx 04-54 plate with black dials but light up when ignition key is in).

Personally it may be cheaper and more future-proof to add an aftermarket car kit (will use bluetooth) but you won't be able to get it to link into the N-Form system.

Also don't think about retro-fitting the satnav system (if you don't have it already). Trying to retro-fit the factory Birdview satnav would be VERY expensive and may not get the results you would think of. The map and programme disks alone will set you back £300+ from a dealer (considerably less from eBay), but getting the GPS device, DVD ROM, wiring loom etc to work with the P12 might be challenging. Personally it's cheaper to buy an aftermarket one (TomTom, Garmin, NavMan etc).
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>