Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nissan Primera P12 Trunk door stuck half-locked
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 Trunk door stuck half-locked

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eryx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 Trunk door stuck half-locked
    Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 7:57am
hi,
i have 2004 P12 hatchback and the trunk door is stucked semi locked.
I dont think the trunk has a two-stage lock like other doors have but it acts like its stuck at the 1st stage.
I cant open it, both outside and inside release does nothing, and i cant slam it close either. It moves about 5 milimeters up and down but thats it. It feels like im hitting something.
The door was frozen when i tried to open it with ice on it, and managed to move it a bit obviously but then it stucked. Since then i took it to shoping mall garage to get rid of ice with no luck.

My thoughts are maybe a shirt circuit or somehow its out of aligment or something because the i dont hear the lock servo/motor/whatever making that noise as it normally does but than again i think that when the door is already open (at least computer thinks that) i dont thing the servo will engage when you press the swich again.

any suggestion ?
eryx View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eryx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 8:07am
On the other note can i edit posts somehow ? i just read it after myself and the gramar is just horrible :D
well i guess thats what you get from fast typing, frustration and sleep deprivation  :(
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 10:19pm
eryx View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eryx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 10:24pm
nevermind, got it opened. After some poking around with a screwdriver i found the manual release for the lock.

As i thought it was out of alignment. When you press the swich the lock is not only released but there is a motor that forces the lock open causing the trunk door to rise a bit. But because the door was frozen it had nowhere to go and the lock only opened halfway. Because of it it was still partially locked but it was open for the computer so it didnt want to send another release signal.
 Post Reply Post Reply