Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

nissan primera p12 heater fan stays on

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: nissan primera p12 heater fan stays on
    Posted: 07 Jun 2014 at 8:46pm
HI,I AM A NEW MEMBER(JUST BOUGHT AN '02 PRIMERA') AND STILL TRYING TO FIND MY WAY. MY HEATER FAN STAYS ON ALL THE TIME, TRIED PRESSING 'BUTTON 1'TO TURN IT OFF. NO LUCK. ANY ANSWERS,PLEASE???.
wickydude View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2014 at 9:46pm
Hi and welcome to NPOC!

Sorry if it sounds a bit daft, but: Did you press the temperature dial first?
What did you try exactly?

PS, kind request to not type with caps lock on all the time, it is considered bad form on forums. It seems like shouting.

Ex: Primera P12 1.9dCi Estate<b
rustler View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2014 at 1:00pm
Hi, thanks very much for the reply and advice. Yes I pressed the temperature dial then went into 'climate control', adjusted the settings to suit but when I tried to turn off the fan with button '1' it stayed on. All '1' does is remove the internal temperature from the screen??
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2014 at 2:53pm
Hi and welcome to the forumHandshake

Have a look here, I would have expect you to have lost use though, does it heat and cool down?

http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/p12-fan-speed-control-module-diy-repair_topic12795.html

If it is that then you should think about replacing the pollen filter which when blocked causes heating of the unit

rustler View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2014 at 4:48pm
Hi, thanks very much for your response. As it turns out I came across this link by chance(I'm new to this kind of site & just feeling my way around) I unsoldered the resistor(thermal fuse) and am waiting for replacement part to solder back on. fingers crossed!! where is the 'pollen filter' located, please?
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2014 at 5:30pm
Did the fuse look burnt?
The pollen filter is accessed through the glove compartment
rustler View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2014 at 6:05pm
Cheers mate, will try that now. Great site(NPOC). People so helpful. Thanks a mill.
rustler View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2014 at 9:01pm
Hi, back again. took out the pollen filter and cleaned it up for the moment(will replace it tomorrow).you were right. it was full of bits & pieces & loads of dust. Quite possibly caused the 'original problem'. Thanks a mill.
rustler View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2014 at 11:22pm
Hi, I have replaced the 'thermal fuse/resistor' in the 'heater blower' in my 2002 Primera but my fan still won't turn off(it comes on straight away even when I turn my key to hear the radio!!). Can anyone help me?? Is it definitely caused by 'the heater blower' or am I on the wrong track altogether?? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2014 at 11:56pm
This may seem like a silly thing to say (sorry) but I have a P11 and my girlfriend has a P12 (facelift, so 2004>) and it's taken me around a year now to work out how to fully control the feckin heater side of things her car LOL! To confirm, you have actually switched the settings off from "auto"? You do this by just pressing down on the temp button, in fact the temp button turns loads of things off etc. But if you have it set to auto, as soon as you turn the key, the heater will attempt to do something.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>