Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

nissan primera p12 heater fan stays on

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2014 at 5:18pm
Cheers wickydude, and thanks a mill for all your help.
known84 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote known84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2017 at 1:00pm
hey.!
i Have the same problem on my nissan primera p12 from 2002.
you say that you fixed the problem with the fan speed control module, is that another name for the resistor for the blower.
when i translate the controle module to the danish language i only get the resistor. But i could se that you already had changed the resistor, with no luck of fixing the issue.

thank you.
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2017 at 8:41pm
hi and welcome to the forumHandshake if your issue is the fan is on full all the time and not controllable then the issue is a broken resister within the fan control unit. Either replace the unit or effect a repair by replacing the resistorThumbs Up
thomasplant7@gmail.c View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote thomasplant7@gmail.c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 7:36am
I had a nightmare trying to get to the bottom of why my blower was permanently on. All the indications were that it was the blower resistor that needed replacing. Everyone kept telling me that it was behind the glove box WHICH IT IS NOT. In the end after going all around the houses I found it in the drivers footwell plugged into the ducting near the accelerator pedal.
I tried 2 Nissan main dealer's and no one could tell me this simple fact. Also, it is an easy 5 minute job to replace the blower resistor.
Hope this finally helps.
ashurstma View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashurstma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 10:59am
QR20DE P12.  HEATER BLOWER HAS GON BAT POOP CRAZY.

Firstly i could not turn it off, it just ran for the fun of it, auto/manual/whatever mode/ whatever temperature at full noise even if the speed set on dash to minimum.

NOW... it won't run at all, auto/manual/whatever mode/ whatever temperature, nothing, even if speed set on dash to maximum.

I'm going to get an aliexpress 27761-AV600 module, I've had a lot of success in the past with timing chains and head gasket kits from them so I'll give one a go, NZ$20 inc delivery vs over NZ$150 from dealer.

Thanks for all the info across the forum, has saved me heaps of time and money trying to keep the car on the road.

NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 4:52pm
Thumbs Up
Neutron View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neutron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 10:16am
Hello! I'm new to this forum, but i have a couple of questions.
1. Why is my primeras interior getting warm only after like 50km of driving?
2. Heater blower stays on all the time, and i cant turn it off or slow it down i have unplugged A/c module, thermal resistor, but it still works at full speed

Any help would be awesome
-Rob
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2021 at 6:58am
Welcome to NPOC Rob,

Have you had the Car long?
Has the Blower worked correctly before?

Have you removed this Part?
https://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/p12-fan-speed-control-module-diy-repair_topic12795.html
It changes the Speed of the Blower.
Common problem is the Thermistor failing. Very occasionally the Transistor goes short and the Fan runs all of the time.

Only getting warm after 50KM sounds like the Engine Thermostat is stuck open.
Goffy View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2021 at 9:06pm
I have the same problem as the OP. Blower is on full all the time no matter what the settings are. The only thing I can change is the temperature of the air it is blowing out.

The OP stattes he replaced the "fan speed control module" to fix the problem. Is this the same part that is located near the foot pedals? Its just I have only heard it called "heater blower resistor module". Is it the same part?

NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 9:09am
Yes that is the location, and the part, if you read the the first page of the post it has photos of the location, the unit and how to repair it if you do not wish to replace itThumbs Up

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>