Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P11-144 cams

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dawek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P11-144 cams
    Posted: 22 May 2017 at 1:02pm
Hey guys, 
I stumbled upon an opportunity of buying P11 GT cams. Would they fit the P11-144 SR20 (as far as i know P11-144 has roller rocker model, but I don't know whether GT is also roller rocker or not)? If so, what would be needed to make them work properly? And is it even worth it?

Thanks
p11primeragt View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 3:58pm
Will fit but sport cams are same spec as the Gt ones.So nothing will be gained on a 144 sr20de.
Dawek View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dawek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 4:59pm
Thanks for the answer. But where does the power difference come from? Is it ECU, exhaust system, different timing. etc.?
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 6:18pm
The manifold/cat on the 144's are a lot more restrictive.Few other differences but I reckon that's the main one.
Dawek View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dawek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 7:03pm
Ok, thanks for the insight. I'm looking forward to replacing the stock manifold with aftermarket one. 
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 7:09pm
You'll see a nice gain on the 144's with a aftermarket manifold.
**See Admin** View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote **See Admin** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 8:06pm
The only issue you may get is at MOT's . If you remove the pre cat it can send the emissions out
bavs83 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bavs83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by naughtynorm naughtynorm wrote:

The only issue you may get is at MOT's . If you remove the pre cat it can send the emissions out

Just need to move the lambda sensor after the precat to after the main cat and use a lambda boss to move the sensor out of direct exhaust stream or use a 90 degree boss like I have. Passes the MOT no problem. Some wiring and soldering will be needed.
It's not what you drive....It's how you drive!
Dawek View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dawek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 11:30pm
Well, thanks guys, it doesn't seem like a super hard job to do. And which lambda should i move out of direct exhaust stream? The one that should be in front or behind the main cat?
bavs83 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bavs83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 1:48am
Originally posted by Dawek Dawek wrote:

Well, thanks guys, it doesn't seem like a super hard job to do. And which lambda should i move out of direct exhaust stream? The one that should be in front or behind the main cat?

Move the second sensor (one after the pre cat) to after the main cat and move it out of direct exhaust stream.
It's not what you drive....It's how you drive!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>