Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nissan Primera P12 - What is the low beam type?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 - What is the low beam type?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UsernameTaken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 - What is the low beam type?
    Posted: 25 May 2017 at 2:03am
So the service manual says they're H7. I ordered a H7 LED conversion kit, and the plugs don't fit? They seem to be H11 rather than H7, yet the service manual says H7? I'm going to need to return these so if anyone knows the actual bulb type that'd be great
patstonuk View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patstonuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2017 at 12:18pm
H7, definitely.
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2017 at 12:27pm
Why not compare the one that you have ordered to one from other suppliers, take a trip to Halfords
UsernameTaken View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UsernameTaken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2017 at 8:20pm
Forgot about this topic, sorry. They definitely aren't H7. I think the service manual I downloaded here is for a regional variation of this car or something. For one, the high beam is actually HB3, and the low beam is HB4. Found this out after reading in the service manual and then going out to the car. Also, the foglights shown in the manual are the conventional round type, but I have the ugly yellow rectangular type. And all NZ P12s seem to have these.
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UsernameTaken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2017 at 8:23pm
This is the bulb I removed from the low beam side http://imgur.com/a/oOcNq
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2017 at 9:26pm
Whoa there! Are you saying either you are in NZ and or yours is a Japanese import? If you are then that is a very important piece of information you have left out there.
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UsernameTaken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2017 at 9:35pm
yes its a jap import i assumed thr manual covered all p12s
patstonuk View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patstonuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2017 at 10:19pm
Mine is a UK-spec 2.0 and I know what I've been putting in as replacements/upgrades!Wink
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2017 at 8:45am
Originally posted by UsernameTaken UsernameTaken wrote:

yes its a jap import i assumed thr manual covered all p12s
Just a minor detail that you missed out in your original post thenStern Smile

The Japanese import is a completely different vehicle is so many ways than the Euro made models, not least Wiring looms, AV and as you have just found out Lights.

I recommend you visit a similar site in NZ similar to this one that will be able to give you the accurate advice you are looking forThumbs Up

NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UsernameTaken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2017 at 10:21am
Thanks. I have already been using and posting on that site, its actually the one where someone pointed me in the direction of LED lights rather than trying to go the HID route
 Post Reply Post Reply