Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P11 loud click from front end

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy.2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2018 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by p11primeragt p11primeragt wrote:

I've had the same ,it comes and goes.Mine is due to the top door minge being worn.What happens is when you brake/accel the body flexes and hence the noise.

Brian, What are you like.  LOL
Roy
p11primeragt View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2018 at 5:36pm
I didn't put that.You type it in a post and see what happens lol.
roy.2 View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy.2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2018 at 7:58pm
 h.inge. Smile  You are right Brian.  Thumbs Up
Roy
**See Admin** View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote **See Admin** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2018 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by p11primeragt p11primeragt wrote:

You thinking top link Andy.

Just wondering if the problem may be heard if moved jacked up
Piriltott View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Piriltott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2018 at 7:29am
That sound very much like the same problem I had. Turned out to be the top bearing on the top link/third link or whatever it's called, had been worn to pieces. Jack the car up and use a crowbar to see if there's any play there..

http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/king-pin-center-link-replacement_topic3263.html

P93GBW View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P93GBW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 9:34am
I was chasing a similar sounding problem for ages. It turned out to be the door jam, where the door latches onto that was slighly worn. If you hold the door closed while braking (slowly and safely of course) you can quickly see if this is the cause.
dilrukds View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dilrukds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 4:45pm
I have looked at all suspension and brake parts so this sounds like a possibility How do I make sure it's coming from the door? How did you fix it? Confused
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12