Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 Heater problems...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deano235 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 1:48am
he has a 52 plated car, petrol 1.8 manual with a/c etc thanks
essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 2:10am
Originally posted by deano235 deano235 wrote:

hi there iam enquiring for my grandad about his nissan primera heater, demister isnt working you can turn it up down on fan speed but no difference i know the blower is working, and was wondering if it would be the same problem as  paddy m has posted so can anyone help ?? thanks

Yes it is the same problem, as well as the advice already in this thread, see here:

Thumbs Up
Isa View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 8:56pm
My P12 had this problem too, first time in 2008 and it cost me about 60€. The fan was working properly but no hot or cold air was produced. Now the fan isn't working at all. Going to rewiew the whole post and see if I can find an answer that matches the problem in my car. Not nice to drive with steamy windows and cold
Life is Short – Talk Fast!
deano235 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deano235 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2010 at 12:26pm
many thanks everyone spot on the problem, ordered part collected next day all fixed brill 
deano235 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deano235 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2010 at 12:28pm
Clapmany thanks everyone spot on the problem, ordered part collected next day all fixed brill Clap Smile Big smile
jbennie View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbennie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2010 at 12:21pm
Hi

Went & checked the Pollen filter cleaned it & replaced no joy, found the module under the clutch pedal & unscrewed it and opened it and found where the resister was.
No guage to measure it however shorted it by soldering 10amp house fuse wire across the resister as the car fuse was 15amps, worked fine & blowers now going ok, then bought the resister from Maplin for 67pence soldered it in and thats it great, estimated cost of garage repair could have been between £60 & £100.
May be an unorthodox test but its the result that counts.
Thanks to all the guys out there who have helped.

thanks John
zoy1109 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zoy1109 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2010 at 5:52pm
Hi

In my P12 02 SE Diesel, the problem is that the fan works, i can also adjust the fan speeds but there is very little air being blown out and therefore causing condensation.

Will replacing the above discussed part resolve my condensation?

Thanks.
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2010 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by zoy1109 zoy1109 wrote:

Hi

In my P12 02 SE Diesel, the problem is that the fan works, i can also adjust the fan speeds but there is very little air being blown out and therefore causing condensation.

Will replacing the above discussed part resolve my condensation?

Thanks.

Your problem sounds more like a blocked pollen filter.
knucklesads20 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knucklesads20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 8:30pm
hi i am a new user to this web site i think it brilliant and would like to say a big thank you to everyone who contributes to make this site what it is. i had the heater problem with my 2002 p12 and and did turn out to be what was mentioned above, saved me a nice bit of money!!!!Smile Thanks will definetly be using this more....Clap
RussellH View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RussellH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2011 at 11:27am
Hi there. Sorry to drag up an old thread, but found this online when searching for help when my blowers packed up this week.  I have a 1994 Nissan Primera P12.

I took the advice in this thread and picked up the heating control module from my local Nissan dealership.  I installed the new part, and it worked for about a day before packing up again.  What I don't know is whether this is a faulty part, or if there's some other problem causing the part to fail.

The dealership say they need me to book the car in to investigate before they will exchange the part.  While this is understandable, I'm not keen to leave my car with them unless I have no other option.

From your experience, is there anything else that could be wrong here.

Thank you so much in anticipation of any help.  This is a great sight.  I'm really glad I found it.

Best wishes,

Russell
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>