Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 Heater problems...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>
Author
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2011 at 1:21pm

Welcome to NPOC Russell.

Did you change the pollen filter at the same time? Some Nissan dealers recommend that this is done at the same time. Other than that, it might be worth checking the fan motor is running freely.
Can you do the DIY fix to save paying another £40?
RussellH View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RussellH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2011 at 1:58pm
Hi imckay, and thank you for the reply.

No, I didn't change the pollen filter.  Do you think that could have caused it to fail again so quickly?  I haven't checked the fan motor either, so I'll have a look through here to see how to do that!  As for the DIY fix, I didn't fancy fiddling around with that, even though it does look fairly simple.

Best wishes,

Russell
RussellH View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RussellH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2011 at 2:13pm
My local garage (not the Nissan dealership) have agreed to check the new heater module to see if it's working or not. They say it'll only take them a few seconds, which is handy.

I've had a look round the site and can't find anything about the fan motor.  Is it easy to locate and check?

Thanks again for any help.

Best wishes,

Russell
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2011 at 5:45pm
As said above the pollen filter or a problem with blow the resister card, that is what it is there for.
Changing the filter is easy. As for the blower, i recommend you download our free electronic service manual form th how to section and have a look.
I think your dealer is being helpful it might be worth them taking a look
RussellH View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RussellH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2011 at 7:32pm

Thanks for that.  I got my trusted local garage (not the Nissan dealership) to take a look, and they're pretty sure it's the fan motor that's gone.  They eliminated just about everything else, and said there wasn't much else it could be.  They said it was one of the hardest parts to get to, and recommended I get a Nissan dealership to do the work, as they may know how to get at it more quickly and easily than they could, which would then cost me less in labour time.  They didn't even charge me for the hour they spend looking at it for me!

timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2011 at 10:45am
Good honest service, I have no doubt Nissan will be pleased to take your eyes out though, their rates will more than compensate for any extra time your garage will spend on it
RussellH View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RussellH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2011 at 3:52pm
Indeed they will, though I've chosen not to return to my local Nissan dealership for reasons of past experience.  I'm instead going to one a little further away, but with a better reputation!  I've no doubt I'll still pay dearly though.  It doesn't sound a like a cheap job.
RussellH View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RussellH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2011 at 7:55pm

This afternoon, I collected my car from the Nissan dealership.  They were very helpful and courteous, however there is still a problem.  They have got the blowers working, kind of.

I wondered if I listed the parts and described the latest symptoms, whether anyone here can shed any light on what could be wrong.  Is there a fault with one of the replacement parts?  Is one of these parts the wrong one for my car?  Or has it developed a whole new fault in the last day?

The replacement parts are:

2771-AV600 Heater Control Module Assy-Pow
27760-AV613 Sensor Assy-Amb

The symptoms (that I've notied so far) are:

Only half the fan speeds work, up to 2 and a half bars on the screen.
The de-mister doesn't increase the fan speed, which I now need to do manually.
Certain other automatic functions need manual adjustment when I make selections.
The temperature control used to range from 17 degrees up to 31 degrees, with additional options for hi and lo setting at each end of the range.  It now goes from 18 to 32, with no hi or lo.

The garage say they've never come across this before, and aren't sure why this is happening.  To be fair to them, they're doing everything they can to sort it out.  They're going to check it's the right part, and when they have another part in stock, I'll take the car back and they'll swap it over and see if that fixes it.

I wondered though, if anyone here knows what's going on.

Thank you so much in anticipation.

Russell
norbert eggcup View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest
Swiss Tony

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norbert eggcup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2011 at 12:03am
have you got programme disc for sat nav- just a long shot but try using set up disc cos it sounds like your heater has the setting for a pre-facelift p12

my car doesnt do max fan automatically on demist and my temp range is 18-32
later cars seem to do the max thing and have the temp range lo-hi
RussellH View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RussellH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2011 at 10:03am

Thanks Norbert Eggcup.  I think I've got them.  I'll give it a try.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>