Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > NPOC Car Of The Month > 2007 Archive
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

April 2007 - Dat Man (P10)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Staff
NPOC Staff

COTM Staff

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NPOC_COTM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: April 2007 - Dat Man (P10)
    Posted: 18 Jan 2008 at 2:03am

Congratulations go to Stuart (Dat Man) for winning Car of the Month for April 2007.  His amazing P10 eGT looks like it just rolled from the showroom!!

Well done Stuart, how does it feel to win CotM?

I was completely surprised to get the PM from Stevie notifying me of this award. I'm really pleased that it's just not me that loves the great looks of my P10. All my hard work on her is really worth it to achieve an award like this.

Before we discuss the ten, can you tell us a bit about yourself?

I'm probably older than you all think and I'm going to keep you guessing. I've been married to Katarina for 5 years and have a 2 year old son Elliott. I work at West Way, a Nissan dealer in Southampton as the Parts department supervisor. I've worked in the motor trade since I left school in 1990 and have done Nissan parts since 1994. Have you worked out my age yet? Oh, I have a bit of a trains, planes and automobiles fetish!

How did you come to buy this ten, how long have you owned it?  Also, how did you come to find NPOC?

This is a long story so stay with me. I have followed the BTCC since 1988 and started supporting the Janspeed P10s when I joined Nissan in 1994. That's when I realised what a great looking and handling car the ten really was. It was 2002 when I finally got my hands on one.

I had my first eGT (L667 DAT) for 3 years. I drove her all the way to Slovakia and back to get married in 2002, a round trip of just over 2000 miles. Unfortunately she was cruelly written off whilst parked outside my house. Someone elses accident you see. I wanted to replace it with another one because I wasn?t ready to be without a ten in my life. I wasn't looking for another white one, just a real late one with leather and air con on a 'P' plate. This one came up as a trade in at a London car lot. After driving up I was initially disappointed but I saw through the dirt and grime and the 106,000 miles, I could see that the car had potential. Big Al swapped all the bits he had fitted to DAT over to PONG before DAT was sent to the big car park in the sky. That was 2 years ago and I haven't looked back since. PONG was built 11/95 and registered 01/08/06.

Mark 'Baggers' Baginski introduced me to NPOC way back in 2003 after buying some parts for his red P11 GT. I went along to the Winchester meet of that year with DAT and have been flirting with NPOC ever since. 

Was it always your intention to keep the car so new looking or has that just happened?  Do you spend a lot of time detailing the car?

I have always been obsessed with keeping all of my previous cars as clean as possible, so my ten is just the next in line. My wife and my work mates all say to me, 'You'll wash the paint off that soon Stuart, you clean it so often!'
I do spend far too much time cleaning it and to the passer by it never looks any different but it makes me happy. You could eat your dinner of it, but you just try it! 

Your car is already well known to the crowd here for winning Best P10 at JAE 2006 that must have been a great feeling to go home with an award?

I don't post much on the site and JAE 2006 was my first show and I thought that it might have gone against me (not being well known on the forum). I had best P10 in my mind and prepared the car to the best standard I could. I was over the moon to win. Thanks to everyone who voted for my P10. It shows that you don?t have to spend a fortune to have a great looking car.

Can you tell us what modifications you have made to the eGT?  What is your favourite mod you've made and why?

Most of the mods were transferred from DAT,
these being -:

16" Nissan'Twist' Alloys (Almera Sport+)
35mm lowering springs
Laguna splitter
Clear side repeaters
Janspeed back box
Sparco Flash 3 Steering Wheel
Sparco Gear Knob

I've only done a few new mods for PONG due to being always strapped for cash,         -:

Custom Grille
Custom 'PRIMERA' badge on boot
Magic Blue Button (won @ JAE 2006)
R1 blue Air filter
Nismo Oil filler cap
Blue painted calipers
NPOC window stickers (uber kool)

I personally think that all the mods come together to make a great looking car, but my favourite is the grille. I've always wanted one ever since I saw it on a ten on NPOC. I had the grille to modify whilst I still had DAT, but I just never got round doing it. I finally had it finished October last year (thanks again to Big Al), so it was my longest mod as well.   

Any secret plans for the car, any projects happening?

I would like to do a bit of meshing to the front bumper, give it more of an open mouth look. Also a shiny exhaust manifold (header to you guys) and de-cat would be nice. My pipe dream is of a fire breathing SR20DET but whose isn't!

Have you had any other features or awards for the car?

After JAE 2006 there was a 'Staff Spotlight' about me and the Ten in 'West Way News', which gets mailed to our customer database.

Can we hope to see more of you on the forum and at club meets during the 2007 season?

I don't get that much time to post and I log on 2 or 3 times a week to catch up on the gossip. I will be at the Southern meet on 8th April and also on the stand at Japfest in May. 

Congratulations again for winning the coveted Car of the Month award, your eGT is a truly fantastic example and we wish you continued showroom style motoring!  Please give your shouts and thanks to anyone you wish:

My wife deserves an award for putting up with my Primera obsession. A big thank-you to Big Al at West Way for all his hard work making my ideas reality and keeping me and the Ten on the road. Also to Andy for always letting me use the jet washer and other cleaning goodies. Finally to NPOC for giving me the opportunity to share my car with other Primera minded people.

Cheers NPOC, Long live the Primera!

Car of the Month April 2007 - Dat Man - P10 eGT
Written by Stevie-Boy
 Post Reply Post Reply