Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Danijel p11 Serbia

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danijel4te Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Danijel p11 Serbia
    Posted: 11 Nov 2017 at 6:33pm
Hi Everybody! I live in Belgrade, Serbia. I am the owner of Nissan P11 or p11 144 (can not distinguish) for almost 2 years. Before I had a Sunny 1,6 and it was the best car altough from 1991. This model thoesnt have AC so I bought p11 caravan from 2001. Car looks very good but had lot of problems. Sometimes the engine turns off and after few seconds I could start the engine again. It was very frustrating, specialy on the midle of the crossroad. Computer diagnostics pointed on bosh pump but mechanics said it could be also something else, like crankshaft sensor or electronics. It was two or tree times chipper to buy second hand pump than to repair old one. With second pump the light turns again on but less often than before.  Also I changed ABS sensor on front left wheel and the ABS light still blinking sometimes. Can I get some advice what to do?
Blue View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member
Sick End

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2017 at 7:59pm
Hi, sorry to hear you've been having problems with your car. I think best thing to do to start is to make sure we know what model of Primera you actually have. Check this link below to see a guide:

Welcome to NPOC
danijel4te View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danijel4te Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2017 at 8:05pm
I think it is a p11 144 if I saw those pictures. mechanics says "restyling"model.thank you for your help.
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 7:09pm
Welcome to NPOC,

If it is a P11-144 (1999 to 2002) Petrol, it could be the MAF.
Quite common that they wear out at around 110K to 160K KMs.

Usual symptom is the Engine Revs dropping very low or stalling when you slow for junctions/crossroads.
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danijel4te Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 8:01pm
Hello imckay! Thank you for your help. It is p11 144 but I forgot to write it is diesel 1994 cm. But the problem is exacly like you said, before crossroad rpm just drops down to zero. Also,on the start after crossroads engine goes like it is choking between 1th and 2nd gear and turns off. It happens sometimes. Do you know posible solution for this problem?
I bought used bosh pump,tried it for a while and I think it was better. but than I saw fuel licking and now we have to change all filters on bosh pump. We put back first pump.Mechanics who do the work relized bosh pump needs adjustment with thre screws so on diagnostics shows +3 or +4. It was -2 before adjustment. For Sometime i didnt have problems with engine But the Check light still turns on again, less often than before. With time problem returns.
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danijel4te Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 8:19pm
Sorry that I can not describe the problems acurately,in wright terms I am a vet with no mechanical experience. But I didn t find good diagnostics here in Serbia so I had to ask for more experience on net. I spent lot of money on mechanics who did not help and on parts I didt really have to buy. I would like to solve this problems becouse I really like this car. Thank you all on your answers.
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 7:24pm
The Diesel Primera is not very common in the UK.

We have a Croatian Member who has possibly got or had the same fault.
Not sure if he fixed it.
He has been on here recently. Might be worth adding to his thread or send him a Message

http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/nissan-primera-p11-eng-off-when-theres-humidity_topic79042_page1.html
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danijel4te Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 7:33pm
Thank you very much!
 Post Reply Post Reply