Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > NPOC Car Of The Month > 2008 Archive
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

February 2008 - Nordic Scooby (P11)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
NPOC_COTM View Drop Down
NPOC Staff
NPOC Staff

COTM Staff

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NPOC_COTM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: February 2008 - Nordic Scooby (P11)
    Posted: 23 Jan 2008 at 8:28pm

Congratulations go to Les (Nordic Scooby) for winning Car of the Month February 2008.  His awesome Nordic GTLE is a shining example of Primera beauty!

Well done Les, how does it feel to win the CotM award?

I'm ecstatic and still can't believe it.  I didn't think I would ever be nominated for CotM, especially now my car is getting on a bit and has a few battle scars.  Thanks peeps it's a real honour.

Before we move onto the car, can you tell us a bit about yourself.

I'm married to Diane (Mrs Scoob) and have a lovely daughter Jenny.  I currently work at Grundfos making water pumps but previously worked at Johnson controls making Primera rear seats.  I'm already over the hill at 40 and the next stop will be round the bend, although some people think I'm already there.

Can you tell us the story of how you were united with this Primera and is this your first Primera?

I've had Nissans most of my driving life.  I've had 2 cherrys, a K10 Micra, and a Sunny 1.8 ZX which was a truly awesome car.  After that I had my Cobalt Blue P10 SRi saloon which I had for 5 years.  When I worked at Johnsons I saw the Nordics in the Nissan pound, thought they were stunning and just had to have one.  It took two and a half years to find my Nordic.  He is now part of the family and everyone knows him as Scooby.  Mrs Scoob has a K11 Micra.

How did you come to find NPOC?

In 2003 I went to a local performance shop on Gateshead Quayside.  I noticed 2 other Primeras outside and thought nice motors.  When I came out of the shop my car had been NPOC flyered.  I started chatting to the Primera owners, there was Grahame (ex member GT-Driver) and a certain young chap called Stevie (Remember).  Another Primera then turned up (Danny Skint) and we had a mini meet.  I've been hooked ever since.

I do remember that day Les, good times!!  This of course is your second NPOC trophy, the Show 'n' Shine prize at JAE is a bit special, you must have been thrilled to win that one?

I was absolutely thrilled to win Show 'n' Shine at JAE and couldn't believe it, especially with all the other stunning Primeras which were there.  I didn't expect to win anything, totally mind blowing!

And of course you entered the main Show 'n' Shine event at JAE and performed very well, how was that experience?

I was so proud (and nervous) to enter this on behalf of the club.  I was pleased MysticMike and NikC were there with me.  It was a great experience that I won't ever forget.

We love the styling you give to the car, do you have a theme for the car or do you just see a modification available and go for it?

Thanks!  I'm trying to keep the car pleasing to the eye.  Just enough styling for peeps to notice but not too over the top.  Subtle and in keeping with Nissans original vision of the car.

Can you tell us the full spec list of the car please?!

18" Fox RS6 wheels

4" slash cut Powerflow cat back system
XS auto chrome header
Sparco alloy pedals
Momo handbrake cover
Momo Duke gear knob
Blue LED foot well lights front and rear
Blue LED dash bulbs including the heater controls
Blue neon boot light
Nordic colour coded dash
Nordic colour coded rocker cover
Alloy speedo rings
Drilled and grooved brake discs
Nissan alloy sill plates
Clear rear lights
Clear side repeaters
Enigma Pearlescent indicator bulbs
Almost forgot my blue alarm led.

Out of everything you have done, do you have a favourite modification?  Any job you found particularly difficult to do?

That's a tough one but I think it has to be my wheels or my rocker cover.  The only problem I've had was getting the front splitter modified to fit.

What are your plans as we set into 2008, any secret plans for the car?!

Yep! I've a K&N Apollo filter, 2 out of the 3 gauges I want to fit and hopefully the return of my front splitter.

With never ending money, what would you most like to do with the car?

A total strip down and bare metal re-spray, full engine rebuild with a super charger and other tasty mods.

We've loved seeing you out and about this year, can we hope to see you around the big shows in 2008?

Yeah that's a big deffo.  Already down for Japfest.  I'll also be going to JAE and Peterborough and may also get to ACE this year and of course you'll see me at the local NE meets too.

It would be rude to have you in the chair and not mention the LEDs, you're famous now for your LED creations, did you think they'd take off so well and you'd become LED Les?!

Never thought they would be this popular but pleased to be able to make a little money for the club.  I have the NE peeps to thank for the LED Les title.

Congratulations again for winning the coveted Car of the Month award, your Nordic LE is a beautiful machine and we look forward to seeing more of it and congratulate you for the stunning condition you keep her in.  Please give your shouts and thanks to anyone you wish:

All the peeps that voted for me at JAE in the Show 'n' Shine comp.  Big thanks also go to; Pete (Yogi) for sending me an aerial and other stuff.  Shaun (essNchill) for helping me with my pictures and setting up LED sales.  Jamie (Ridicully) for doing my sig.  Andy (Naughty Norm) for getting hold of some OE LEDs for me.  And to all the friends I've made and to Stevie for introducing me to the club ? It's a big part of my life now.

And of course thanks to NPOC for choosing me for Car of the month.

Car of the Month February 2008 - Nordic Scooby - P11 GTLE

Written by Stevie-Boy

Post Reply Post Reply