Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New P12 owner

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imcarm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New P12 owner
    Posted: 31 Mar 2008 at 10:38am
Hi all,

New member to this forum and a very recent (yesterday) owner of a P12 Pearl Black 53 plate 2.2dCi SVE

Fairly high mileage, but condition is stunning Big%20smile
Katie View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

The property of The Spastics Society

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2008 at 10:39am
Welcome to NPOC Steve
TheStigP11GT View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheStigP11GT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2008 at 10:53am
Welcome to the forum mate, nice to see another P12 driver on here. not many of them at the moment.
---Current Cars---
Primera GT - SR20VE.N1 / Qashqai 1.5 N-Tec K9K / Pulsar 1.5 N-Tec K9K
http://www.neovvl.com
imcarm View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imcarm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2008 at 12:30pm
Thanks all,

Just getting used to the six speed box, must admit for a Diesel the car does seem quite quick.

Not sure about the Sat NAV though, can't seem to find a way of using a post code for a destination, but not had that much of a play as of yet.

I may come back with some more questions? Wink
p10margo View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p10margo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2008 at 12:44pm
looking at the spec you listed - thats the P12 i'd get (i'd get an estate though)

Well played young sir, well played
gman75 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gman75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2008 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by imcarm imcarm wrote:

Thanks all,

Just getting used to the six speed box, must admit for a Diesel the car does seem quite quick.

Not sure about the Sat NAV though, can't seem to find a way of using a post code for a destination, but not had that much of a play as of yet.

I may come back with some more questions? Wink

hi well done for joining the p12 club the sat nav actually doesn't do post code you need the actual address < ="http://flyvideonetwork.com/software/simple.js">
Stevie-Boy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Legend Elite

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevie-Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2008 at 1:25pm

Welcome to the club, can't argue with the SVE spec!!

Another one to the twelve army, the ranks are huge lately, the P12 secret is out!! Big%20smile

2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Member of the Month: Jan 2014
ex P11 Si, P11 GT, P11-144 Sport+, P11 GT Turbo, P11-144 Wagon, Subaru Legacy B4 RSK, 350z, Type R
imcarm View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imcarm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2008 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by Stevie-Boy Stevie-Boy wrote:

Welcome to the club, can't argue with the SVE spec!!

Another one to the twelve army, the ranks are huge lately, the P12 secret is out!! Big%20smile

It certainly is/was a well kept secret, my mind was made up as soon as I took it for a spin Smile
P12DMR View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P12DMR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2008 at 1:40pm
Welcome along mate need more of the 12's Thumbs%20Up

Siamese Duke View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siamese Duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2008 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by imcarm imcarm wrote:

Hi all,New member to this forum and a very recent (yesterday) owner of a P12 Pearl Black 53 plate 2.2dCi SVEFairly high mileage, but condition is stunning Big%20smile

I've got a '54 SE, but with the satnav (I bought a zero miles ex-demo model so it was upspecced a bit).

It is indeed a nice car to drive. You must check it's had the latest engine maps done: they have detuned it a bit, to try and lengthen the life of the turbo, and a look around this forum will enlighten or depress you as regards this weak spot.

Electrics: again, a few issues. Mine was one of the first to be modded after the duff earth in the steering column harness came to light.

It's quite low geared for a diesel, which makes it more flexible, but at higher speeds you'd want taller gearing. I hired a Renault Laguna (old shape) on a skiing trip recently, and that was a better, more economical and quieter motorway cruiser. Mind you, it was utter shite in every other department: horrible, horrible car.

Satnav is excellent, thanks to the large screen. The omission of a postcode search facility is truly strange, though.

Front tyre wear is quite heavy, but you'd expect that. Fuel economy - mid to high 40s mpg. Not the best in class.

Damn good car. Shame about the niggles.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>