Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P11 1.6 MAF

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerrywez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2008 at 9:13pm
Thank you all very much for your suggestions and help. I took the motor back to the garage today and had the brake light switch fitted, it took no more than 5 Minutes, and all is well with them.

I went to the Local Nissan Dealership and though the young guy in the stores would not come out to look at the motor, he did say that a new fob would be €80 and when I asked what the cost of programing it was, he said €80 also, that is very strange, because I called their other garage and they said it would be €45 to program it. I am thinking of getting one from Fleabay and asked the guy which was the right one for my motor he just said they were all the same, but on Fleabay they say to go to your local dealership and find out which one you need, I reckon he was just a lazy little bu&&er. Can anyone please tell me if they are all the same, the lazy lad said that I need a two button one, a red button and a black button. Can they be programed any other place than a Nissan Dealership/ I asked because the guy who fitted the switch told me that there was some company that did them in Cork for not that much.

I think I shall get a chance to do the MAF over the weekend, it seems to be trety straight forward so I can't see any problems. I had the motor on a pretty steep hill today and she was very daed, I had a notion that it might be more to do with the ignition timeing, maybe I am just mad.

Thanks again to you all, you are very kind and ask nothing for your time and help.

Best regards Wez
Greetings from Ireland
GavMc P11GT View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GavMc P11GT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2008 at 11:51pm
my cars an irish imported GT the remote central locking/alarm differs from uk spec

its alarmed and imobilised with the same keyfob for the doors n what not but irish cars dont have the override in the boot like uk cars.

shaun both the gt's ive had allow entry by key without the alarm going off

every p11 bar one ive met regaurdless of spec level has har remote central locking
essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2008 at 11:55pm
Wez.. It's free to program any keyfobs matey, cos we got the instructions here:

Smile
kerrywez View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerrywez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2008 at 12:13am
Thanks Gav and shaun,
                                     Just one more question for you, if you don't mind. Would it matter what the key fob is, I mean as long as it has a red button and a black one will it work?

Sorry got another one for you. Can you, please, tell me if the methods that shaun pointed me to, work for the key fob which is separate from the key, or is it only for the key type?

I am sorry if I am asking silly questions, but I intend getting either a key and replace the key blade or the remote which is not attached to the key, but which goes on with a key ring on the bunch of keys, as it were? I intend to get the item from Fleabay, is that good or not?

just realised that my one more question has turned into 4, sorry about that.

Thanks again for your kindness and patience.

Very best regards Wez
Greetings from Ireland
essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2008 at 1:36am
There are no P11 keys with built in / on buttons for remote locking. The P11 has a separate fobSmile

We had some members experiment recently with keyfobs from eBay (P11) as we know there are 2 separate frequencies:

418 & 433 MHZ

Now sadly the experiments have proven to be inconclusive LOL.. Based entirely on the fact that the fobs from eBay didn't have the sticker on indicating the frequency and the fob they actually owned didn't have the frequency on either LOL.. So it could have been pure lucky dip that they already owned say a 418 and the eBay fob was also a 418, hence why it worked fine.

So no one can confidently say either frequency can be programmed to whatever the car should be.
kerrywez View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerrywez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2008 at 5:52pm
Hi shaun,
               Many thanks for your reply, I shall take a chance and get one, and if it is no good then I shall just have to get the other frequency one next.

So to recap all I need do is to follow the instructions in the link you very kindly gave me, last night, and if I have the right frequency fob it should work with some of the first methods, I will do that and hopefully I shall get the right frequency fob, by good luck and it should be OK from then on.

I did have a look where the jack is and there is nothing in there, so I would imagine there is no alarm fitted to the motor, hope not because I am going to change the stereo for my own CD player, it can play MP3s and from a SD card or even from a USB stick.

I am having trouble getting the plastic from around the radio out, I have the two cross head screws from the bottom out, but cannot figure how to get the rest of it out, it is stuck just below the radio and do not want to force it. If you don't mind would you please advise me as to what I need to do to get it out fully, please?

Thanks again shaun and good luck.

Very besdt regards Wez
Greetings from Ireland
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2008 at 10:04pm
Hello Wez,

There is a guide for radio removal too.

As for your central locking/alarm. My 1.6 had remote locking but no alarm.

Jim View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest
NPOC S.H.A.T.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2008 at 10:30pm
My GX has central locking but no alarm. had to reprogram the fobs. The guide in the how to section is spot on.

kerrywez View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerrywez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2008 at 10:40pm
Thanks I McKay and James M White, you help is very much appreciated. I am very glad to hear that I will be able to use the remote locking without the alarm. Thanks I McKay, I did eventually get the radio out, with some help from here, I started another thread and got answers to it, but your link will be very handy. I am now trying to get a bloke on ebay to post an ISO adapter to Ireland, I will then be able to install my CD player.

Thanks again and good luck to you both.

Very best regards Wez
Greetings from Ireland
kerrywez View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerrywez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2008 at 10:51pm
That guide for the removal of the radio is very well done, my complements to who ever did it, it is great, thanks.

Very best regards Wez
Greetings from Ireland
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>