Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nissan Primera P12 Screen Console Sat Nav Probs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 Screen Console Sat Nav Probs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 82>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ralprim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2008 at 4:09pm
By the way the p12 service manual is easy to download from emule - I have it but is about 190 MB - not for e-mail.
renrut View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote renrut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2008 at 4:38pm
My how-to on taking out the centre console trim to get to the connectors is here:

http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=11986

It really does sound like a bad connection to me as both the audio unit and the keypad feed information to the display unit. It's a bus system so if any of them were misbehaving it can cause odd behaviour. The connectors for the audio unit can be got at without removing the gearstick trim but you won't be able to see what you're doing.
popswoo View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popswoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2008 at 7:10pm
Hi Renrut.
Tried to acces your post but access denied.Not sure if I have registered correctly.
Regards
Popswoo
popswoo View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popswoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2008 at 7:13pm
Hi Ralprim.
Joined emule and seached for p12 manual but cant find.
Regards
Popswoo
renrut View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote renrut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2008 at 9:18pm
Ah you're currently registered as non member. To access the other parts of the forum requires a fee. £15 a year I think. It's here for details on membership http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=204

But anyway membership issues aside, I'll dig out some pictures that should help you sort your problem. Shouldn't take long...
renrut View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote renrut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2008 at 9:31pm
Ok here is where I think the problem is. This is what the underside of your keypad should look like if the connectors aren't plugged in:

The one I think that has a problem is the white one towards the bottom. And looking at that I've just reminded myself the demister does not have a separate connection but does have separate pins and doesnt share the same bus system as the rest.

To get to this you need to take off the gear stick surround, remove the 2 side trim plastic panels on the side of the foot wells. Then its about 8 screws (you need to move the handbrake surround too) to get the gearstick trim out of the way. From there its 2 more screws down the bottom sides of the centre trim, then a decent tug on the trim and it should unclip. Careful tho as the wires might still be attached and they aren't that long. Then you should be able to see something like that picture and can verify it yourself.

Not sure if that's cleared things up or made it more confusing. I have a couple more pics but don't wanna keep posting them on here as they are a bit mahoosive and don't really add much.
ralprim View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ralprim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2008 at 9:46pm
Text containing link to copyrighted material removed.

NPOC do not endorse or encourage copyright theft!
popswoo View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popswoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2008 at 4:45pm
Hi Renrut.
Thank you for the info and photo it was very helpful.
I have taken off the console and the plugs were in correctly and I removed them and sprayed with electrical contact cleaner and replaced the plugs but still have the same problem.I have`nt put panels back on yet.
Before I removed the console I drove about 5 miles an whilst driving everything came on and stayed on until I got home .I switched the engine off and then on again then nothing works except for the demister.
Do I need to put console back on to test it. ie earth ?

Regards

Popswoo
popswoo View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popswoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2008 at 4:49pm
Forgot to mention when everything came on as I was driving the radio was crackling just as if bad connection.
popswoo View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popswoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2008 at 6:02pm
Hi Renrut.
There is a mobile phone system on my car that does`nt work either.Will this affect the console ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 82>