Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nissan Primera P12 Screen Console Sat Nav Probs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 Screen Console Sat Nav Probs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 82>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote renrut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2008 at 10:01am
Sorry for the slow reply - I had to take the Missus out for the day as it was 4yr anniversary!

Hmmm. So it worked for a short while and then didnt.

Ok it could be the audio unit has a bad connection. The audio unit has a similar white plug on the back top right(if you're looking at the front of it). You can lift the audio unit out by the 4 screws either side of it. You can only see them with the central trim section off. Be very careful lifting it out of it cradle. You should see a load of connections on the back, best check them all while you're there. Don't worry if theres a plug dangling with no where to go, there will be some plugs not connected unless you have every single optional extra on the car. But make sure the ones on the back of the audio unit and nav unit are connected right.

However tell me more about this mobile phone system that doesnt work. When you say doesnt work - is it broken? Or just not got a phone working? The phone connections could play havoc with things as they will be talking to the audio unit, and if they're bad then it could cause all sorts of odd behaviour. However if it's simply not connected then it shouldn't be causing problems.
popswoo View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popswoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2008 at 10:29am
Hi Renrut.
Hope you had a good day out.
I checked the audio plugs yesterday and they seem ok.The phone system is a Nokia advanced car kit CK-7W which has an audio mute facility .There should be a light come on on the phone remote control but this does not work.I am now going to disconnect the phone system and then see if console works.There are aparantly 2 fuses for the phone system which I will also check when I find them.
Regards
Popswoo
renrut View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote renrut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2008 at 10:29am
Where abouts in the UK are you? I'm in the west midlands and could maybe help out if you're not too far away.
popswoo View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popswoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2008 at 10:37am
I am in Marlow Buckinghamshire.A bit too far but thanks anyway.
popswoo View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popswoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2008 at 10:42am
Just to let you know I took the car to Nissan dealer and they said it was the engine management unit that needs replacing and they quoted £2400 + vat .
I just cant afford that sort of cost as I am a pensioner  ( retired mouldmaker)
popswoo View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popswoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2008 at 11:33am
Hi renrut.
I have disconnected the phone system and console not working.
I have no voltage to the phone module jackplug and have traced the wiring to a small white plug to the right hand side of the handbrake next to a large white plug .This is part of the cars wiring loom and I am not able to trace any further as I dont have a wiring diagram.
Do you know which fuse controls this circuit ?

Regards

Popswoo
renrut View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote renrut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2008 at 2:45pm
Firstly I can't believe that its the engine management unit!

Studied the wiring diagrams I have from the service manual (definately worth getting hold of a copy if you can read wiring diagrams!) looks like the accessory relay or fuse might have gone. Although if the fuse had gone it would never work, so I suspect the relay!

I'll just go have a look at mine to find where the ACC relay is!
renrut View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote renrut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2008 at 2:58pm
Sorry my mistake the ACC relay only it's a 10A fuse in position #1 in the fuse box down on the right by the bonnet release lever.

But thats a bit odd as it shouldnt start working again after a fuse has blown. I'll just pull the fuse on mine and see if it gets the same effect.
renrut View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote renrut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2008 at 3:04pm
Right if fuse #1 goes (audio fuse) then it kills the centre console completely (minus demister). The screen doesnt wake up at all. Which doesnt sound like what you have. If you wanna try swapping the fuse in that socket to another 10A one you can try it but I dont think thats it.

One more bit of info - does yours have sat nav or not?
popswoo View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popswoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2008 at 4:18pm
Yes it has satnav
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 82>