Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nissan Primera P12 Screen Console Sat Nav Probs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 Screen Console Sat Nav Probs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 82>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popswoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2008 at 11:42am
Hi Renrut
!2 volt supply from fuse 33 to cd  terminals 3 & 4 is ok.
12 volt supply from fuse 1 to cd  terminal 2 is ok when ignition switch to acc.
Have used cd case as ground.
renrut View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote renrut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2008 at 12:02pm
Cd player sounds like its as it should be. What about the DVD/Satnav unit?
It's fuse 30 from the Navi diagrams I have.

And as Norbert says the comination meters are also connected to the bus system so thats definately a possibility.
gaelicstorm7 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gaelicstorm7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2008 at 9:53pm
To add further to the mystery when I started my cay this morning the nissan boot up screen came up, sat nav loaded and worked for about 5 minutes, I was able to eject the sat nav dvd and re insert it everything seemed fine then the display suddenly went off, back to square one a dead centre console.

Tonight when I was leaving work it booted up then died after a few minutes again.

I really think it seems like a loose connection.

I think I'm gonna take it to my local garage tomorrow and see what they think it might be.

Alan
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gaelicstorm7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2008 at 11:24am

Exactly the same this morning worked fine for a few minutes then died, decided not to go to the garage, but to strip out the sytem to check for loose connections, took the console out dvd and cd and the screen disconnected everything had a look at all the connections nothing seemed loose or faulty, put it all back together and it's just the same :-(, really puzzled with this now. and the heater blowing all the time is really annoying.

Alan
ragt20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Swiss Tony

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragt20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2008 at 2:25pm
hmm interesting you mention the heater blower blowing all the time....wonder if the problems are connected....wouldn't surprise me,....if the blower is blowing all the time getting things hot and tripping out the dvd....

am pretty sure to fix the blower is just a replacement of the resistor card....fix that and it could fix your dvd problem....
FAO : Laurens, I am not Shaun.
FAO : bavs83, I am not Tan.
VZR-CHECK, VZR-N1-CHECK, P11 VE-CHECK, P12 20V-CHECK, XTRAIL VET-CHECK
popswoo View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popswoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2008 at 2:37pm
Hi Renrut.
Just an update on consule problem.
I have good 12 volts & earth connections to the following units.
Cd - DVD satnav - speedo dials unit - display & combination meter.
All fuses checked out ok.
Still have problem
popswoo View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popswoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2008 at 5:33pm
Hi Renrut.
Apart from the the units already checked there must be a connection which controls all of these units.
The nats connection number 28 (immobiliser ) on the cd unit is one possibility so I will check if power is on this connector when the ignition switch is turned on tomorrow.
popswoo View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popswoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2008 at 5:36pm
Can you look to see if 12 volts should be at pin 28 on cd when ignition or acc is on.
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gaelicstorm7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2008 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by ragt20 ragt20 wrote:

hmm interesting you mention the heater blower blowing all the time....wonder if the problems are connected....wouldn't surprise me,....if the blower is blowing all the time getting things hot and tripping out the dvd....

am pretty sure to fix the blower is just a replacement of the resistor card....fix that and it could fix your dvd problem....

How about if I could stop the heater and see if that solves things, could I do this be pulling fuses ?, any idea which ones I'd need to pull to disable the heater/blower without taking anything else out ?

Alan
ragt20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Swiss Tony

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragt20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2008 at 6:18pm
hmm you could try that, unfortunately don't know where they would be on a 12, and which ones....

the blower way I see it, you've gotta fix it anyway....so not as if you'd be loosing much if ya fixed it first....there is a post on here somewhere, could be in the how to section as well on how to change the resistor card for the blower...
FAO : Laurens, I am not Shaun.
FAO : bavs83, I am not Tan.
VZR-CHECK, VZR-N1-CHECK, P11 VE-CHECK, P12 20V-CHECK, XTRAIL VET-CHECK
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 82>