Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New member, but long time owner

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeilT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New member, but long time owner
    Posted: 04 Jun 2008 at 10:26pm
Hi All,

I've been a Primera owner since the age of 19 (in 1996). Started with a 1994 P10 1.6LX, then got a 6 week old 1997 GT Saloon in January 98.
I had to sell the GT in 2000 when i got a company car (a 1.8 Sport), however I changed jobs after a year and was without a Primera. The Gt was sold to my mum, and she still owns it now... i'd love it back!!

About 3 years ago I bought a green 1998 GT hatch with 106k miles on the clock for weekend fun. Its only done 2k in that time, but its a really nice car. I can honestly say the Primera is one of the top handling cars I have owned, and I still love driving them, even my brothers 1998 1.6GX (which I fitted with GT alloys, Clear rear indicators, GTLE Leather, GT instrument panel, Steering wheel and stainless console trim, rear spoiler).

Last year I bought a 1998 GT SE in mystic green. It was very high mileage, and had an engine issue (conrod broken). I replaced the engine with the one from a 1999 GT LE that was damaged (also the donar for parts on my brothers 1.6), and it drives so nice now..... 

I'd love to do a Turbo Conversion on the std GT, how involved is this (I have removed/rebuilt engines before, and have a mechanic friend who does all my 'tight-for-time' engine work on my Rover 200 race car).

I originally bought the 1999 GT LE with the intention of making a GT Estate, however, it never happened... would quite like a 2.0 Sport+ Estate though Smile

just remembered, also had a 1996 P11 2.0 SRi in met orange for a while, but sold it as it just wasn't a GT.....

Neil

97R Primera GT 4dr
02' MG ZS
55' BMW X5
02' Clio dCi

Previous Primeras:
98R Primera GT 5dr
98S Primera GT SE Mystic
95M Primera 1.6 LX
GT_Craig View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest
Knicker Thief

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GT_Craig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2008 at 10:54pm
Hi and welocme to NPOC Thumbs%20Up

Looks like you had a lot of primeras there Respect
The Red GTLE Loon has now gone to Prim-Heaven :(

Janner View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest
Kerbalicious

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Janner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2008 at 11:25pm
Wow, welcome along dude!

looks like the prim is in yer blood!

keith
NeilT View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeilT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2008 at 11:31pm
Yeah, you could say that. Just been looking around forum... the Mystic GT.... I do have a mint 36k interior for it.. maybe i'll just fit that and get the few bits of body done (tailgate rust around spoiler), and cracked front bumper. Anyone know a good place to get paint done, either in north London area or Chesterfield area?
Neil

97R Primera GT 4dr
02' MG ZS
55' BMW X5
02' Clio dCi

Previous Primeras:
98R Primera GT 5dr
98S Primera GT SE Mystic
95M Primera 1.6 LX
ragt20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Swiss Tony

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragt20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2008 at 11:31pm
yo hello and welcome to npoc mate...

good to have another Primera nut join up on here....

Wave
FAO : Laurens, I am not Shaun.
FAO : bavs83, I am not Tan.
VZR-CHECK, VZR-N1-CHECK, P11 VE-CHECK, P12 20V-CHECK, XTRAIL VET-CHECK
NeilT View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeilT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2008 at 11:38pm
Cheers... I printed the membership forms about 18 months ago, then forgot about it, found thm the other day... must join up properly!!
Neil

97R Primera GT 4dr
02' MG ZS
55' BMW X5
02' Clio dCi

Previous Primeras:
98R Primera GT 5dr
98S Primera GT SE Mystic
95M Primera 1.6 LX
NeilT View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeilT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2008 at 12:04am
A few pics of my current GT's

Lotus on Track - Track day:

Mystic Green GT, 189k miles:
Neil

97R Primera GT 4dr
02' MG ZS
55' BMW X5
02' Clio dCi

Previous Primeras:
98R Primera GT 5dr
98S Primera GT SE Mystic
95M Primera 1.6 LX
essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2008 at 12:21am
Hi Neil and a big welcome to the Nissan Primera Owners ClubWave

It's great to have another Primera nutter in here!!

I always get to be the one we all boo at, so with that in mind... I have edited your signature and also 2 of your posts above - They all relate to the Mystic. We are crystal clear on our Trading Rules for the General Public Sections in here and the references you made can only be deemed as breaking them etc.

Moving on, please don't hate meSmile Do enjoy the forums and take care,
Shaun
NeilT View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeilT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2008 at 12:26am
Hi Shaun,

No problem, but any chance of adding the Mystic one back into my signature as I still own it..... Smile
Neil

97R Primera GT 4dr
02' MG ZS
55' BMW X5
02' Clio dCi

Previous Primeras:
98R Primera GT 5dr
98S Primera GT SE Mystic
95M Primera 1.6 LX
essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2008 at 12:37am
Cheers for your take on that NeilThumbs%20Up

BY all means fella, plop the GTSE back in your sigSmile

Take care,
Shaun
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>