Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nissan Primera ECU light flashing car won't start
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera ECU light flashing car won't start

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigg1115 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera ECU light flashing car won't start
    Posted: 28 Sep 2008 at 11:05pm

can any one help i think my imobiliser has kicked in as the ecu light is flashing and just turns and turns

the plugs are all sparking  dunno weather the injectors are not opening

its a 98 p11 primera gt

is there a way round it     

as the fob isnt working with a new battery in   

thanks   
top driver
davep11gt View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davep11gt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2008 at 11:16pm
have you tried reprogramming the fob?
K&N FOR THE WIN!!!

EVERYTHING ELSE IS JUST SHITE!!!
essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2008 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by davep11gt davep11gt wrote:

have you tried reprogramming the fob?

It's the NATS chip in the key, that gets read by the ignition ring, that turns off the immobiliser.. Nowt to do with the fob sadlySmile

Oh and welcome George.
bigg1115 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigg1115 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2008 at 10:01am
how do i reprogram the the fob lads     its got my head busting like

the fob stopped working a whil ago so i had to enter using the key      the alarm would go off until i got in and started the car

then the other day i got in and it started for about 2 or 3 seconds then cut out    now it just turns and turns    and the ecu light flashes
top driver
carl4u44 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl4u44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2008 at 10:54am
If you got a haynes manual you can do a self diagnostic check for the engine management light very easy to do. To reprograme your fob is easy too, you can search on this for the instructions!

hope its something simple for you mate
Baz007 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baz007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2008 at 2:40pm
Bigg, your question has been answered, the actually fault will be id discord immu- key, meaning your key has lost its code or the immu ring has gone down/lost power
bigg1115 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigg1115 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2008 at 3:20pm

can some body please explain how to reprogram the fob thanks iv tryed looking for it but cant see it   thanks again      

also does any one no how to do a self dianostics    as i dont have a haynes and my local car shop cant get me 1 for a week    having to ride 3 miles to work then back at 5 in the morning lol     

thanks again     george

top driver
bigg1115 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigg1115 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2008 at 3:22pm
also if the immu ring has gone dowm or lost power how do i fix it thanks
top driver
Baz007 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baz007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2008 at 3:33pm
If the immu ring has gone down it will need replacing at Nissan and the keys programmed.  If its lost its feed, you'll need to either repair or replace the affected wire
sb-gt View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sb-gt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2008 at 3:42pm

where abouts in durham r ya if ur local i could maybe call over and sort it for ya m8y

"Speed never killed anyone...it's the suddenly stopping that does it."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>