Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > NPOC Car Of The Month > 2008 Archive
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

December 2008 - Tiny (P11 144)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Staff
NPOC Staff

COTM Staff

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NPOC_COTM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: December 2008 - Tiny (P11 144)
    Posted: 28 Nov 2008 at 6:29pm

Congratulations on winning the Christmas Edition December 2008 COTM Ian, you are now part of a special group of individuals within the NPOC. How does it feel?

Wow totally shocked when I heard I won COTM. It's a real privilege to be included in the great hall of fame, of great Primeras. There are so many great cars in the club, I feel honoured to have got COTM.

For the benefit of those that don't know much about yourself, give us a quick run down on the life of Ian.

Well I am 43 and drive HGV's for a local Water company. I am married to Karen and have three sons, Anth 21, Jonny 19 and Sam 15. All of them car mad just like me! I like to go to the gym when time permits and when I am not devoting my time on polishing the Prim to death and lavishing her with goodies, I like to get to the occasional football match with the lads to watch my beloved Boro.

We know you own a fab 144 but was this the start of your Primera ownership or were there others?

My first Primera was a lovely 91 P10 1.6 LS in Flame Red, which I owned for 18 months until some OAP rear ended it. I  then had a brief encounter with a Renault Laguna before I saw the error of my ways. I then spotted my 144 saloon for sale in the trader and it was love at first sight. 4 1/2 years later, the rest is history.

So onto the car itself; an absolutely P11-144. Tell us all what you have done to make yours special?

My first mod  was to replace the wheels from the 16" sport wheels to the 18" Fox evos. I then fitted a rear spoiler and colour coded light brows. Next on the list was clear side repeaters before I turned my attention to under the bonnet. It looked a bit shabby so I started off with a GT strut brace modded to fit, K&N 57i induction kit with a A&S CAI. I rubbed down & painted the rocker cover in flame red adding a stainless sparkplug and dizzy cover a Nismo oil cap, a stainless battery cover, bonnet lifters and a stainless PAS tank. I have also replaced some of the pipework with matching silicon hose. Next up was the exhaust and was replaced with a full stainless custom built cat back and SS Manifold & downpipe.

Full spec list

18" Fox Evo 3's 215/35/18 Rubber / 16" Sport for winter
Colour coded light brows & rear spoiler
P12 clear repeaters
GT strut brace
K&N 57I Induction
kit
A&S CAI
SS Header & down pipe
Full stainless custom built exhaust with 4" backbox (Lifetime warranty)
Nismo oil cap
Stainless plug&dizzy cover
Stainless PAS Tank
Stainless battery cover
Inxx bonnet lifters
Silicon hoses
EBC Greenstuff front pads

So what brought yourself to the NPOC and what has made you hang around?

I Came across this wonderful club by accident whilst I was googling Nissan Primera. I came across NPOC and I haven't looked back since. Such a great bunch of fellow enthusiasts who are always keen to help.

What is your favourite part of the car and why?

That is a really difficult one to answer as I like to think each modification compliments the other, but if I was pushed I  would have to say the SS Manifold & exhaust system. It looks good, sounds great and performs well enough to keep me smiling.

Have you got any future plans for the car or are you happy where it is now?

I would like to lower it next with either coilovers or Tein springs / KYB shocks. Also I wouldn't mind detangoing the front lights and i'd like to maybe fit some JWT cams and a  Fuel Pressure Regulator.

When Santa squeezes his way down your chimney pot this Christmas, what would you want him to bring for the car?

Coilovers, cams and a decent head unit! Maybe a Turbo conversion if he was feeling extra generous. I think I've been a good boy this year.

What has been your highlight moment of being a member of the NPOC?

It has got to be being told i have won COTM. Has made me so proud that all the hard work I have put into her has paid off.

And onto the coveted quick fire question round!

WRC Rally or F1? - WRC Rally
Favourite Pizza Topping? - Ham & Pineapple
Your ideal holiday destination? - Sorrento Amalfi Italy
Your favourite car in NPOC? - Spiffys awsome 144 wagon
Your favourite modification to any vehicle (you can provide a picture if you want) - Fitting a big block 455 ci HO (7.5ltr) engine in my old pontiac trans am

Many thanks for taking the time to let us know all about you and your car Ian. Congratulations once again for winning this fantastic award! Now is your last chance to get in any shameless plugs or thanks you wish to give out to anyone that has helped you in your quest to this point!

First of all a big thanks to my wife Karen for putting up with me modding the car. Also just a big thankyou to all the North east peeps, Katie and Paul for arranging some great meets, Les - Nordic scooby, Nabber, Gary, Martin - prim n proper, Dave p10 sri & that sexy type R ;), Paul Quailly and his lovely GT  and anyone else I've missed out. I've had some great meets and good banter and just a really big thank you to all the staff at NPOC for running such a great club and all the members who have offered me great advice and some I have yet to meet...Great Club...Great people.

Congratulations once again to Ian.

December 2008 COTM - TINY
Written by Lurch
 Post Reply Post Reply