Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nissan Primera P11 NATS security system / Key Fobs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P11 NATS security system / Key Fobs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gibsonmandela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P11 NATS security system / Key Fobs
    Posted: 02 Jan 2009 at 3:59pm
hi

does any1 know how to reset the key fob both have stopped workin

cheers

martin
PrimeraRacer View Drop Down
NPOC Legend
NPOC Legend

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrimeraRacer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2009 at 4:11pm
I presume you mean the fobs dont open the doors? this is different from NATS altogether.

NOTICE: This procedure is for recoding your fobs for remote central locking, it does not relate to chipping a key and coding it to your ECU. That procedure needs to be done through your dealer.

Keyfob Reprogramming

If one of your keyfobs looses the ability to open the car remotely after replacing the batteries or if you have purchased a second keyfob which needs setting up there is a procedure which could save you paying your dealer £80+ to do for you.

1. Place your key in the ignition and switch from the LOCK position to the ON position 6 times within 10 seconds ending with the key in the LOCK position

If done correctly the indicators should flash 2 times

2. Press and hold the UNLOCK button (black on P11) on your keyfob and while keeping it pressed then push the LOCK button (Red on P11) 3 times then release the UNLOCK button.

If done correctly the indicators should flash 2 times

3. To reprogram a further key/keyfob remove the key and put your second key in the ignition (or hold your fob close to the ignition barrel) leaving it in the LOCK position and repeat step 2.

Once done turn your ignition on and then back off to exit the coding procedure.

Test your keyfob(s) work ok. (do not leave your key in the car while doing this procedure incase you need to manually open the door with the key)

NOTICE: Due to the fact that there are both seperate keyfobs and fobs built into the key some people have reported problems in coding more than 1 key. at very worst just code a single keyfob and report your findings on this forum so we can further look to improve this post.
gibsonmandela View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gibsonmandela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2009 at 4:19pm
thankyou for that.

i have tried that same procedure before we got it off auto data and both the fobs have stopped working,i have to use the key its self to open doors.

bit annoying but even nissan said cause the car is a 98 they wont touch it cause to many problems :(

cheers

martin
NPOC Legend
NPOC Legend

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrimeraRacer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2009 at 4:36pm
if you make sure the batteries are working then just use that procedure to reprogram the keys. it DOES work, if you are having no luck its either your not following it quite correctly or the fob is faulty!
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gibsonmandela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2009 at 4:46pm
i will put new batteries in it was just weird how they both stopped workin at same time had 2 get AA out cause the car wouldnt start cause fuse had gone in whole alarm system,

thanks for your help

Martin
NPOC Legend
NPOC Legend

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrimeraRacer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2009 at 4:55pm
ah the cause comes to light!

if they both went together you may have an underlying fault with the central locking system/alarm system! worth trying to recode the fobs first though!
Blue View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member
Sick End

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2009 at 12:21pm
Hi there and welcome on board btw mate! What car do you have?Smile
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gibsonmandela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2009 at 3:04pm
hi i have nissan primera gt se mystic green saloon

best car i have had so far apart from key fob fault lol

what u drivin?
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gibsonmandela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2009 at 7:49pm
hi guys

first thing this is great site and all members seem mint and very helpful!!

i have tried to get my keyfobs workin with new batterys and the reprogrammer code but no luck!!!

when they stopped they both did at same time and the whole security system failed, had 2 call AA out and found it was fuse!

can this fault be fixed without big bills at main dealer??

any help or advise would be appreciated

cheers

gibbo
Chun39 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chun39 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2009 at 8:30pm
hi gibbo, my key fob didn't work so I've changed the battery, I didn't know you had to reprogram it at all, today I manage to program the key successfully with few attempts. I agree taking to a dealer regarding to the fuse problem, I advice you to ring a few dealers as I discovered each dealer charges differently... But good luck with you car..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>