Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nissan Primera P11 NATS security system / Key Fobs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P11 NATS security system / Key Fobs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gibsonmandela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2009 at 8:48pm
cheers matey

yeh i have tried reprogrammin it bout 50times still wont pick up the signal from key :( only thing that lets the car down is openin door with key lol

cheers 4 ur help

gibbo
essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2009 at 9:40pm
Gibbo, I have moved your other thread you started (on this same subject) into this earlier thread which you started (also on the same subject).

Please only keep one thread going, so it keeps it all together.

Many thanks,
Shaun
gibsonmandela View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gibsonmandela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2009 at 9:42pm
yes sorry bout that

PS site is ace signin up 2moz : ) lol
essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2009 at 10:21pm
Thumbs%20Up
Palmer_Autos View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Palmer_Autos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2013 at 8:35am
On my GTLE I don't have the black immobiliser key that you press in the boot. It never came with my new GTLE. I had one on my old GTLE. Can anyone advice where to get one just incase I am out and my fob dies. I bet it needs coding if it is possible at all. LOL

Cheers
Now a proud owner of a Red P11 Primera GT LE (Last of the GT's).
My Weekend car is an abf 16v VW Mk2 golf toy thing!!
R.I.P dad, you are never forgotten!!
If it has tits or tyres it's trouble!!!
rizla01 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rizla01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 10:41am
Hi all.
I am going to add another possibility into the mix.

I tried and tied to get my fobs working and what did it for me in the end is a replacement Siemens box (With same freq) from one of our generous members who was breaking a GT.

I had a nonworking (Water ingressed) nearside door lock which I replaced (Thanks to yet ANOTHER Member on here) and finally the C/Locking functioned OK (after replacing  the Car battery which the door lock killed) everything was good BUT I could NOT get the fobs to work.

Only when I swapped the control box out, did I have any success.
There is an ariel connected to this box with what looks like a RF receiver inside so I guess damp may have got to it at some point?

rockywr22 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rockywr22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 3:27pm
Well I've been along this path and got nowhere with the spare key fob.
I've replaced the fob with one I got from Ebay.
The original was still working of course, went through the procedure to the lock to on 6 times but then when I press the black (open) on the key fob the indicators flash twice, I didn't need to press the on (while black button pressed) 3 times but I did anyway then released the black button.
I then replaced it with the next key and went lock to on 6 times but, when I pressed the black button this time I didn't get the indicator flashing at all let alone twice.
Did the pressing of the red button 3 times then released but nothing happened so this key fob is also kernackered or, so it seems.
Has anybody had any similar experience to this ? the key still opens and closed manually and the main key works with the working fob.
Quite unusual as I see everybody saying this procedure works .... I have a 1997 Primera SE so a P11 with the key fob being the 5WK460 433.92 MHZ.
Any help appreciated.

regards,

Willy

imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 5:47pm
Is the working Fob the same Frequency (MHz) as the one that isn't working?
There are at least two Frequencies of Fob available. Fairly sure it is just two.

Just to confirm
The Process is for pairing Fobs with the Car. Not Keys.
The Key just allows you to run the Process.
rockywr22 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rockywr22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 8:53am

Yes I ensured the frequencies are the same.

Yes I understand the process is for the fobs but on one process it says to re-insert the new key and continue from the lock to On 6 times etc..
but no activity at all from the car with the spare fob.

I remember when I first had the problem a Nissan 'person' sat in the car and just before I came up to him noticed he had his hand down the left hand side of the central column and then the spare fob worked. This was after a change over of Speedo's to a UK one.
Although I bought this in Cyprus it was put together in Sunderland and base chasis was from the Holland factory etc..

When I asked him what he was doing he didn't tell me, it seemed he wanted to keep it a secret only known to those who were blessed with wearing a Nissan shirt.

Anyway, I never did find out what it was ... the spare key fob hadn't worked since we returned to the UK only the Master fob... which I had to give up to my wife and I was stuck with the 'manual' only opening.

I'd have loved to know what it was he did though.....

cheers

Willy

imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 9:47am
Hi Willy
Many years ago but I have programmed Fobs for both my P11 and P11-144. Just needed Ignition switches and fob button pressing.

If you are putting the 2nd Key in and switching 6 Times, that will start a new 'Fob Programming Session' and will delete any pairing that existed.

A slightly edited version of Set A to try

You must have all the keyfobs for the car with you as you will need to re-program them all, because a new code is added to the keyfobs rendering the last code useless.

1. Switch ignition switch 6 times from the LOCK position to the ON position within 10 seconds. Return the key to the lock position. 

2. After 2 seconds the directional indicators will flash twice. If not, remove key for 10 seconds and repeat 1

3. Switch the ignition switch back to the on position.

Press and HOLD the UNLOCK button (black) 
Press the LOCK button (red) 3 times 
Release the UNLOCK button

4. If the keyfob registration is performed correctly, the directional indicators will flash twice. 

5. To re-program another keyfob (up to 4 fobs can be programmed) go to step 3 otherwise go to step 6.

6. Ignition off and on to complete the Process.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>