Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 airbag warning

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikeyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 airbag warning
    Posted: 06 Jan 2009 at 2:08pm
 Can anyone help? This morning  a warning appeared saying there is a fault with the airbag or pretensioner, and to take to Nissan immediately for check.I tend to think this was due to the heavy frost we've had and something may be frozen up.( or at least I hope that's all it is).Can this warning be reset, so that if it's ok now the alarm will stay off.
I've tried what is suggested in the TECH AND SPECS INFO SECTION but it doesn't work.
Any suggestions would be appreciated thanks.
essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2009 at 12:32am

Sadly that's the only known info we have on an airbag light reset for the P12.. It could mean it's genuinely broken?

Wish I could help more matey.
mikeyb View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikeyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2009 at 3:25pm
thanks anyway, but I tried it again this morning and it seemed to reset. I followed the link below which is slightly different.I think stage 6 was the bit I may have done wrong.Fingers crossed.
http://www.nissanforums.com/966228-post7.html
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2009 at 6:30pm
Hope that does it for you.
hotshots85 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotshots85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2009 at 12:58pm
thank you very much for the link to resetting the airbag light
this in the past has cost me 96 euro to get reset in a nissan dealer and i had taken to a piece of black tape to keep it out of my eyeline
thank again
irish p12 owner
supawhitt View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supawhitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2011 at 1:45am
P12 SVE..worked perfectly after unwittingly disconnecting one of the sensors during the replacement of the pollen filter, fixed one problem made another....Wink
crazy taxi View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crazy taxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2011 at 10:26am
And todays award for "topic resurrection" goes to supawhitt

Welcome to NPOC
Just goes to show the power of the search button!Thumbs Up
Old enough to know better, too old to change
 Post Reply Post Reply