Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedP11 GT - Help needed, upgrade brakes?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2009 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by andybob andybob wrote:

god!!!!! is it possible to nail a reply into his head??? how bloody annoying

those r32 calipers are the same as 300zx,s14 and r33 calipers it truely isnt worth the hassle because if you do manage to fit the calipers after machining them down you will still have enormous travel and zero feel to deal with unless you fit the discs that go with them by the time you've bought them fitted them bought new wheels etc your gonna be hitting a grand . like many s13 owners i fitted them but with the s13 disc's its a total waste of money and only thing its good for is looks

just buy a big brake conversion if your after looks if not buy better discs and pads i thought the idea was for track days and keeping things on a tight budget :S

well sorry mr nissan,

i was just exploring all options at the moment! as the reply states it looks like cheap pads will be the option or see what mr darlin says LOL
Dan View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Ron Manager

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2009 at 6:07pm

if your only doing 15-20mins at a time black diamond would do as thats about 4 laps of combe and if you got red stuff gear it would take a lap to get the in heat them

4 laps of coombe in 15-20 minutes, if you drove at the speed to do those lap times you wouldnt even need to touch the brakesLOL
The beast is awakening
Dan View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Ron Manager

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2009 at 6:11pm

god!!!!! is it possible to nail a reply into his head??? how bloody annoying

those r32 calipers are the same as 300zx,s14 and r33 calipers it truely isnt worth the hassle because if you do manage to fit the calipers after machining them down you will still have enormous travel and zero feel to deal with unless you fit the discs that go with them by the time you've bought them fitted them bought new wheels etc your gonna be hitting a grand . like many s13 owners i fitted them but with the s13 disc's its a total waste of money and only thing its good for is looks

just buy a big brake conversion if your after looks if not buy better discs and pads i thought the idea was for track days and keeping things on a tight budget :S

you sir are a bit of a bellend! Rude, arrogant and dont quite know as much as you think you do

There is a member on here running R32 GTR calipers and discs and it cost him a lot less than a grand, somewhere in the region of £300
The beast is awakening
M8TXX View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2009 at 6:19pm
Clap DAN

if thats the case dan i would only need some 17" lol

Dan View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Ron Manager

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2009 at 6:29pm
Well there is some debate but its believed that they will be ok with 16's
I intend to run this set up and will be using 16's on the road
17's on track (eventually)

The Brembo big brake kit which is 300mm (approx) brake discs and 4 pots fits under the 16 inch GTLE Enkei multispokes

The skyline discs need to be redrilled for 4 stud fitment (skylines are 5) and then turned down to just over 280mm (cant remember the exact number)

No Spacer brackets need to be made, the person who has completed this mod I believe had to use a different banjo bolt.

The beast is awakening
essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2009 at 2:15am
Thread closed to avoid a riot, we do play nice most of the time but it can get frustrating for some I guess. All this thread has ended up doing is causing our members to trade netslaps!

Originally posted by M8TXX M8TXX wrote:

Clap DAN

if thats the case dan i would only need some 17" lol

I told you that a week ago! When I mentioned we have members using Skyline setups on their Primeras.

Every possible bit of info we can give, has been given (repeatedly) and I have no idea what the problem with understanding it has been.

Many thanks,
Shaun
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234