Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 Radio - SECURE

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeeJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 Radio - SECURE
    Posted: 17 Apr 2009 at 7:56pm
I have purchased a second hand radio off ebay for my P12, and i noticed that the radio/cdplayer had a different model code and the amp on the back was different.

I connected the new radio/cd player up and on the screen it came up "Please Wait.", and then "SECURE" and the cd player would not accept a cd all the way and the radio wouldn't work either.

Does anyone know why this is.
ragt20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Swiss Tony

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragt20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2009 at 8:05pm
the radios are coded to the car's ecu, thus swapping between cars is really a no no...only way to get it to work will prolly be to take it to Nissan and get them to recode it to your car...
FAO : Laurens, I am not Shaun.
FAO : bavs83, I am not Tan.
VZR-CHECK, VZR-N1-CHECK, P11 VE-CHECK, P12 20V-CHECK, XTRAIL VET-CHECK
stonegrey View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stonegrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2009 at 6:00am
^^^^ What he said.

Re-coding is a main dealer job. it costs about £80, maybe more.
riggsy99 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest
The real Elvis!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote riggsy99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2009 at 1:39pm
what colour was the back ground on the secure sign? red, yellow or green. here is a small table which depicks what the fault might be:

"Secure" on a red background indicates that there is a problem in the link between Navigation control unit and Audio, suggesting that there is either a Navigation system fault or the Navigation control unit has previously been fitted in another vehicle.

"Secure" on a green background indicates that there is a problem in the link between NATS IMMU and Audio, suggesting that there is an audio fault or the audio unit has previously been fitted in another vehicle.

"Secure" on a yellow background indicates that the transponder (NATS key) is not working correctly or it has previously been fitted in another vehicle.

When a "Secure" message (of any type) is displayed, it can be cleared by re-initialising the NATS system using CONSULT-II and the immobiliser PIN code (there is no need to return the audio to a Clarion service centre). If re-initialising fails to clear a "Secure" message then the component or its circuit (identified by background colour) may be faulty and should be inspected.

hope this helps

steveduffield View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steveduffield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2009 at 3:04pm
What's wrong with your original unit? 
Baz007 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baz007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2009 at 6:02pm
You can't swap between cars unless you take the immu ring and SEC-U with it...  As far as I'm aware, only Clarion themselves can virginise a set.
renrut View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote renrut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2009 at 12:10am
virginise - thats a word I'll have to remember
Now enjoying wafty effortless power.
 Post Reply Post Reply