Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P11 spark plugs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoofy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P11 spark plugs
    Posted: 15 Jun 2009 at 4:45pm
Hi Guys, Im using Champion spark plugs at the moment and to be honest they are crap. Im wanting NGK ones but Halfords dont stock them ( only Champion and the Bosch super 4) Can anyone tell me the NGK part number for them as they are on that famous auction site but i need to know which ones..Its a P11 SRI..Thanks..  Graeme..Smile
bricktop View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bricktop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2009 at 7:27pm
BKR5EIX-11 are the ones I have just put in mine and are spot on. A bit pricey compared to the standard BKR5EY-11 ones though.
suvsteve View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suvsteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2009 at 9:02pm
just need platinum one done mine a treat but also use decent leads
you only have one life. enjoy,
hoofy View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoofy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2009 at 2:59pm
I used the Bocsh super 4 plugs but the engine wouldn't tolerate them for some reason, Whats the difference between the two NGK ones? And whats the difference in price for the platinum ones compared to standard.Confused
hoofy View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoofy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2009 at 3:57pm
I've just had a look, I understand better now what the difference is.LOL
suvsteve View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suvsteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2009 at 8:14pm
yeh paltinum or irideum (not spelt right i know) its whot the core is made of and how conductive it is there is a big price differance
£10 ish for normal and around £45 for a set of platinum ones used with oem ones of decent after market ones will make a big deferance
but like everything in life cheep ones will do the job to a point but expensive things do the job well and larst
but thats just my opinoin Thumbs%20Up
suvsteve View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suvsteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2009 at 8:17pm
used with decent plug leads that was ment to be
dave_gt View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave_gt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2009 at 8:47pm
I've tried all sorts of plugs in mine over the years; Bosch Super 4, Champion, Denso Iridium etc and have never found anything to perform better than a new set of NGK BKR5EY-11 plugs (easy to get on the net - my last set came from the bay of e). The Denso Iridiums did perform well and last a long time but were pretty expensive.

My car is a P11 GT with CAI, SS exhaust & manifold, Magnecor KV85 leads, AFPR, ran with 18 degree advance timing and on 98 ron petrol. Plugs are easy and cheap enough to experiment with but I now just use the NGK ones which also happen to be dirt cheap.

Edited to add I do agree that the Champion ones were not very good - or the Bosch Super 4 things. They were pants.
Primera Dave View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest
Lights era Action!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Primera Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2009 at 8:55pm
Im getting some irdierum or however it spelt end of this week.
Golf mk4 gti turbo. 3'' downpipe and de-cat, 2.75'' Jetex cat back, k&n induction kit and custom heat shield, 3'' intake, forge 007p dv, stage 1 190 Bhp map,Koni uprated shocks and h&r springs + more
tonguemahoop View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonguemahoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2009 at 11:06pm
do all engine sizes use the same plugs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>