Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 Subwoofer problem

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote isopyl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 Subwoofer problem
    Posted: 13 Jul 2009 at 5:27pm
Hi,

I've owned a Primera P12 (SVE TD Diesel) for a few months and it has recently developed a problem with the audio system. I started noticing quite a pronounced buzz and I've tracked it down to the sub-woofer under the driver's seat. It is making quite a rattling buzz all the time. I've found one bolt that holds it in place but it still is firmly secured even with that removed.

Can anyone give me some advice on:

1. How I can the remove the sub-woofer to get a better look at it (do I have to remove the seat?)
2. How I can disconnect it to at least stop the buzzing? I've found the connector but I can't get it to budge (very little finger space).
3. If it is the speaker that has blown, how easy is it to just replace the speaker with a compatible one or does the whole sub-woofer need changing?

I did download the service manual but that makes very little mention of the subwoofer.

Thx in advance for any help,
Stephen
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2009 at 9:38pm
Hi, welcome along. I have just checked the P12  electronic service guide and I'm afraid it gives no clue as to how it is fixed or maintained. Hopefully someone with some hands on experience will come along.
cip29 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cip29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2009 at 8:07pm

Hi,I had a problem with the subwoofer(anoyng buzz at low or medium volume).I removed the seat,disconect the box and opened(hard work,verry well glued all around).The problem was the speaker,the buzzing was coming from the middle of membrane(something under is touching the magnet)you can try center it(work on mine) or buy a new speaker.

cyp
Baz007 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baz007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2009 at 10:36pm
Seat out is easiest way... The wires can get caught by the seat and cause interference, usually they just blow a fuse though..Worth a  look
isopyl View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote isopyl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 3:30pm
Hi,

Thanks for the info everyone. Looks like the seat will have to come out for further investigation (its never easy is it?)

Stephen
Ignas357 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ignas357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2011 at 8:36pm
Hey, do all P12's have subwoofers, or only the "tekna" model i've heard about? or atleast do all primera's have the subwoofer plug under the seat?
The funny part of this text is that when you start to understand that it's completely worthless- it's too late to stop reading.
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2011 at 9:11pm
All p12 04 onwards have the plug, the sub woofer came with the SVE and T spec
fossyant View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fossyant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2011 at 9:12pm
Only higher end models have the Premium Audio 6 speakers and a sub.
alcofrolic View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alcofrolic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2013 at 8:22am
hi, using an old topic to save starting a new one, i've been crawling under my drivers seat of my P12 se and cant find a plug, is it likely to be taped to the loom deep under the carpet? the cars an 04 with the hidden dash dials

Dave
Dave.

2004 P12 SE dCi
2001 Clio dCi
fossyant View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fossyant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2013 at 7:55pm
Likely to be under the centre console possibly.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>