Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nissan Primera P11 144 stereo fascia adapter plate
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P11 144 stereo fascia adapter plate

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stonegrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2009 at 11:16pm
the extra wires are for the steering mounted audio controls found on the phase 2 144's 2001 onwards.

somewhere on here, i did a pictogram showing which cable does what, if you were to go down the route of chopping the loom, you would need two cables for the switch, and may one or to to illuminate it.

i'll see if i can dig out the diagram, but, any harness chopping, is done at your own risk. i.e. neither i nor NPOC will accept reposibility for any damage done to your car by chopping the plug.
stonegrey View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stonegrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2009 at 11:23pm

Pis 1 and 2 are for the hazard switch on a 144.
5, 6 & 7 are for the remote, and pins 3 & 4 are not connected.
andy88 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andy88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2009 at 11:37pm
nice one, will give it ago, not afraid of a bit of wiring, ill get the multimeter out just to be sure.

right so there only 2 wire for the hazard siwtch itself, do you know what all the other the other wires are for on the p11 switch do or are they not needed

thanks for the help
krazylegz View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krazylegz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2009 at 2:17am
so did it not work at all andy??
andy88 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andy88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2009 at 9:55pm
yeah it can be made to work, got mine working now with a p11 one.

only problem now is, i dont know whether the switch should light up or not and if it would pass a  mot without it lighting up?
Stevie J View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevie J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2009 at 9:59pm
It doesnt need to light up, as long as the 2 arrows on the instrument panel flash when your hazards are on, thats all that matters.

I had this on an old mondeo of mine, I broke the old hazard switch on the top of the steering column which used to flash red when switched on and the replacement from Ford was not able to light up, had no bulb in either. Passed the MOT fine.
andy88 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andy88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2009 at 10:18pm
cheers for the info stevie j

well it works and both arrows flash.

heres a couple of pics of the p11 switch fitted, ive wired it up so that ive still got both connectors for either switch, incase i need to use the old radio.

thanks for the help everyone
Stevie J View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevie J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2009 at 10:32pm
Very good - top marks!

Hope Krazylegz can get the same result!
essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2009 at 1:32am
Excellent result Andy and thanks for sharing.. Are you OK if I lift your photos to use in a "How To" thread for this section?:

So that other 144 owners don't get ass raped for the hazard switch from Nissan.

Many thanks,
Shaun
krazylegz View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krazylegz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2009 at 2:49am
thanks for the pics andy:) looks good mate :)

i've ordered the fascia and loom but wont get them till the 14th aug as i work away from home....will update this when done :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>