Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nissan Primera P11 144 Fault / Error code P0171
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P11 144 Fault / Error code P0171

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2009 at 9:43am
Hi, Yes that video is what it is doing, though not as badly and it has certainly improved since we adjusted the TPS
Please don't let it be the timing chain, I can't afford it Dead
razzie50 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2009 at 9:44am
Oh, and the car has done 114,000 miles
tony_primera_se View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony_primera_se Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2009 at 5:07pm
that vid was of my rev counter april this year,
that problem started in december last year (08) with the odd twitch now and then,
then leading up to April this year thats how bad it got, before we changed the chain etc. after changing the chain etc it then disappeared,
Im not saying yours is the same but 90% of the guys i spoke to on here said yup timing chain stretch,
I now listen to what  they say on here and do it straight away,
like this post on fault codes i ordered the pre cat o2 sensor and they said on here no point its the Maf,
so ordered that too, changed Maf and all is fine, o2 sensor is now on the shelf in the garage LOL

maybe one of the guys could advise you a bit further,
Stock P11-144 1.8 16V SE
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony_primera_se Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2009 at 5:08pm
Oh and my car had done 118,000 miles when we finally gave in and changed the timing chain,
Stock P11-144 1.8 16V SE
razzie50 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2009 at 8:26pm
I popped in to my local Nissan dealership today to see if they would check my windscreen wipers and tell me what part I needed to replace. One of the mechanics came out to my car and we had a chat about the engine too. He said unless the timing chain is rattling they wouldn't say to replace it (and the price of £650+ too...) and he agrees that it's probably the MAF. won't hurt to buy a Bosch one and try it I guess. 
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony_primera_se Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2009 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by razzie50 razzie50 wrote:

I popped in to my local Nissan dealership today to see if they would check my windscreen wipers and tell me what part I needed to replace. One of the mechanics came out to my car and we had a chat about the engine too. He said unless the timing chain is rattling they wouldn't say to replace it (and the price of £650+ too...) and he agrees that it's probably the MAF. won't hurt to buy a Bosch one and try it I guess. 

said exactly the same thing to me,
and mine was not rattling either LOL

keep us posted on what happens with the new MAF fitted.
Stock P11-144 1.8 16V SE
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910