Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nissan Primera P11 144 Fault / Error code P0171
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P11 144 Fault / Error code P0171

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arimus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2009 at 10:22pm
My local mf don't do the exchange ones - the ones they do are £80 ex vat, they also wanted a £25 surcharge off me as I'm not a trade customer. You can guess my response.

Took my MAF out of its housing and gave it a good spraying with contact cleaner and since putting it back together its behaved itself... :)
Users are like a virus: Each causing a thousand tiny crises until the host final dies.
tony_primera_se View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony_primera_se Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2009 at 4:53pm
called are motor factors who are a bosch agent,
they quoted £92.57 + vat for a fuelparts replacement maf
or £153.64 + vat for the bosch replacement maf,

Stock P11-144 1.8 16V SE
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2009 at 7:10pm
Andrew Page sell them but are in the North.
Maybe try and phone some other Bosch dealers or Bosch themselves to find out who sells the exchange ones.
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony_primera_se Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2009 at 7:42pm

Have contacted a few others and all round same price down here,

But have picked up a fuel parts maf for my primera for £60 with trade discount,
and its got a warranty so if it works sorted if not it can go back :-)
Stock P11-144 1.8 16V SE
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony_primera_se Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2009 at 8:34pm
the Maf arrived today,
opened the box and it was a bosch exchange unit, Clap
fitted it and what a difference it has made already,
have not bothered fitting the pre cat sensor have put that on the shelf in the garage for now,
will see what happens in the coming week regarding any malfunc light coming on,

Cheers again guys right as all ways Wink
Stock P11-144 1.8 16V SE
razzie50 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2009 at 8:49pm
I'm a bit confused after reading all of this thread. Our 1.8 P11-144 has been running lumpy, hesitant acceleration and a bouncing rev counter needle. Reading other threads I thought it was either the TPS or the MAF. We've adjusted the TPS which has made a big difference but still not 100%.

We've had the MIL come on once then go out the next trip. Not been on since. I hadn't bothered to check the code once the light went out as I assumed (wrongly?) that the code would be gone.

So, not sure if we have a MAF issue or not. And if we do, can I clean it or not? I have electrical contact cleaner ready to do it once I get the torx socket to get the blooin screws off! Some people have said to clean it, Stevie J says don't do it?
Stevie J View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevie J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2009 at 9:31pm
Stevie J wouldnt advise it, as its a film type MAF on the 144, which are easily damaged. I tried cleaning mine, but made no difference. I think these mafs suffer from internal faults in the circuitry eventually so its better just to replace them. 10 years or 100K they seem to go after.
The MAF is secured in its housing by anti tamper screws, so that you cant start spraying it or poking around with it, due to the fact that the sensor is fragile.
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony_primera_se Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2009 at 9:33pm
is your rev counter doing this?
if so you maybe looking at a timing chain replacement,
others on here will be able to help you more im just going by past advice and personal experience,
how many miles has the car done?
Stock P11-144 1.8 16V SE
Stevie J View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevie J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2009 at 9:38pm
Timing chain replacement? thats gonna be eyewateringly expensive!
You need to hope you dont need a new chain, or it'll set you back several hundred quid!
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony_primera_se Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2009 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by Stevie J Stevie J wrote:

Timing chain replacement? thats gonna be eyewateringly expensive!
You need to hope you dont need a new chain, or it'll set you back several hundred quid!
tell me about it,
nissan quoted me £760 Dead
managed to get a timing chain set for a non varible timing motor (crank and cam gears(non varible timing gears), timing chain guides and tensioner), for £186 and did the work myself,
every thing was replaced except the varible timing gear,
had no probs ever since.
Stock P11-144 1.8 16V SE
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>