Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P11 144 - CD Multichanger

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scoobydoo1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P11 144 - CD Multichanger
    Posted: 01 Sep 2009 at 12:11pm
HELLO AGAIN GUYS MY PRIMERA PROBLEMS ARE JUST GETTING WORSE.MY 2000 Y REG PRIMERA 2.0 SE WAS NEVER FITTED WITH CD MULTICHANGER SO I WENT OUT AND BOUGHT THE CORRECT CLARION/NISSAN CV715 BOOT MOUNTED MULTICHANGER ONLY TO FIND NOBODY IN THE WHOLE WORLD CAN SUPPLY ME WITH A SUITABLE SET OF CABLES TO RUN FROM THE BOOT TO THE HEAD UNIT.
PROBLEM 2 COMES WHEN I DISCOVER THE HEAD UNIT HAS A SECURITY CODE WHICH AS EVER I DONT HAVE.IF I REMOVE THE HEAD UNIT TO GAIN ACCESS TO THE BACK TO TRY AND FIND OUT WHAT CABLES I NEED IS THERE ENOUGH PLAY ON THE AUDIO CABLES TO KEEP THEM CONNECTED IF I SLIDE THE HEAD UNIT FORWARD TO INSPECT THE BACK.
CAN ANYBODY OUT THERE PLEASE HELP ITS DRIVING ME MAD LISTENING TO LOCAL RADIO.
I MUST ADD NISSAN HAVE BEEN COMPLETELY USELESS CUSTOMER SERVICES TOTALY CRAP.RESPONSE FROM MY LOCAL NISSAN DEALER SORRY CABLE WILL COST YOU £79 PLUS VAT BUT WE CAN OFFER YOU £2000 OFF THE PRICE OF A NEW NISSAN?????
GREAT I WANT A CD PLAYER AND THEY TRY TO SELL ME £17000 CAR SLY BA****DS....
Blue View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member
Sick End

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2009 at 12:29pm
Hi mate, first things first can you turn off the caps-lock on your keyboard as this is normally deemed as shouting.

Perhaps it might be worth nipping down to your local scrappies/breakers yard and having a look there?
scoobydoo1970 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scoobydoo1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2009 at 1:42pm
Thanks for the reply and sorry about the caps lock but at present if i could get my hands on a Nissan dealer i would strangle them.....
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2009 at 8:09pm
I don't think the radio has a security code.
The radio is coded to your ECU and will only work in your car unless Nissan reset it.

That said, I have replaced my 144 Nissan radio with a Pioneer cd/mp3 player and have never tried to reinstall the original.
rhinop11 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rhinop11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2009 at 8:22pm
dose the p11 harness fit or not because I don't use mine
Stevie-Boy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Legend Elite

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevie-Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2009 at 8:28pm
I'd imagine the harness would be the same but the reason people never sell the changer with a harness is that removing a harness from the car for one of these would be beyond ballache.
2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Member of the Month: Jan 2014
ex P11 Si, P11 GT, P11-144 Sport+, P11 GT Turbo, P11-144 Wagon, Subaru Legacy B4 RSK, 350z, Type R
rhinop11 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rhinop11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2009 at 8:37pm
Well it not getting used so if it fits I will take it out and u can have it bud u will have 2 wait till after jae tho as I'm not going 2 take the car apart with that a week away
Baz007 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baz007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2009 at 8:45pm
Thanks for the reply and sorry about the caps lock but at present if i could get my hands on a Nissan dealer i would strangle them.....

What exactly has the Nissan Delaer done wrong? They offered to supply you with a cable, didn't they? Ah, I know, maybe they should buy it for you or better still, give you a GTR for your trouble...
p11sr20 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p11sr20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2009 at 8:45pm
Topic title edited to include vehicle model
Baz007 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baz007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2009 at 8:46pm
Also, I know posting straight after yourself is also bad manners BUT....what the hell happened to my text? ^^^
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>