Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P11 GT lowering springs?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tricky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P11 GT lowering springs?
    Posted: 14 Sep 2009 at 5:18pm

Wondering what you guys reckon are the best springs to fit on a bog-standard 97 P11 GT saloon? I'm looking for around a 35mm drop. I've searched on eBay and all I can find is Tein -35mm/-17mm (?). I like Eibach because I've had them on previous cars (not Primeras) and they retain the ride quality but corner much flatter.

Any suggestions?
CombineTom View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CombineTom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2009 at 5:27pm
Hi matey

I've got Tein springs, and i highly recommend them, very good ride quality, if a bit hard, and very well made, good coating and the like!!

Primera Dave View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest
Lights era Action!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Primera Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2009 at 5:27pm
welcome to the club.spax will be very hard. Pi and gmax are hard to the latter been not great quality in my opinion. Eibach are the meant to be the best as they retain comfort but also make handing better when required.
Golf mk4 gti turbo. 3'' downpipe and de-cat, 2.75'' Jetex cat back, k&n induction kit and custom heat shield, 3'' intake, forge 007p dv, stage 1 190 Bhp map,Koni uprated shocks and h&r springs + more
rhinop11 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rhinop11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2009 at 5:31pm
Most of the lads on hear use tein on there's but it up 2 u bud they is loads of people make springs eg g-max,pi,eibach, but it depend on how u want the ride mate
Tricky View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tricky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2009 at 5:41pm
Thanks guys! And thanks for the nice welcome :D
Tricky View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tricky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2009 at 9:44am
OK, I'm thinking Eibach. Just didn't know if they were available! Anyone got pics of their cars with lowering springs fitted with standard wheels? I'd be interested to see the Tein ones as well?
Jim View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest
NPOC S.H.A.T.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2009 at 9:51am
Swiper's recently lowered P11 GT:

Before

After

Hope that helps Thumbs%20Up

Stevie-Boy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Legend Elite

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevie-Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2009 at 9:54am
Welcome along, can't go wrong with Teins, Eibach or H&R.  Pi are notorious for sagging.

Best to change the shocks aswell if you can, using lowering springs on standard shocks would reduce the life of the shock though I think Eibach do springs which are made to work better with original shocks.
2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Member of the Month: Jan 2014
ex P11 Si, P11 GT, P11-144 Sport+, P11 GT Turbo, P11-144 Wagon, Subaru Legacy B4 RSK, 350z, Type R
Tricky View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tricky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2009 at 10:45am
Awesome, thanks! Thumbs%20Up

What springs are they James, do you know?
Tricky View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tricky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2009 at 5:49pm
Anyone? lol
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>