Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P11 GT Do I love it enough???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkeymunro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P11 GT Do I love it enough???
    Posted: 22 Nov 2009 at 12:24am
hello npoc, im fairly new to the site and have only owned my first primera for just over 6 months but have already written a couple of posts for help with my car, i bought it off a work mate for a reasonable 550 i thought knowing that the hand brake doesn't work and the power steering makes a noise when i start the car up but thought it was a bargain!!! even b4 i'd owned it 24 hrs i managed to brake the driver side drive shaft! got it sorted by a guy on my estate who was recomended to me but since then had more problems, had to get a new clutch but had problems coz he left a wire off nr the manifold? so couldn't start my car, got that sorted then while driving to work my drive shaft popped out, same side he fixed? wanker! all the while i still havent got a handbrake, then i find out i need a little bar for the anti roll that fix's just behind the driver wheel, local scrap yard wants to charge me 20 for it!!!! for a little bit of metal! and now i've gotta replace the two back sections of my exauast which i've bin quoted 190 for today, my hand brake is still siezed and i've got the tax ant the end of the month and my mot in dec.. and i've got a real bad creeking noise coming from the middle back of my car wen i start driving my car, i think it is the suspension joint just above the rear axil but not sure. in short im worried bout my mot, i love this car and how it drives, never had one like it but is it worth me spending the money on???
monkeymunro View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkeymunro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2009 at 12:30am
also is it worth servicing my self or cheaper at garage, im pretty capable but lazy but bought my filters and oil and leads from  halfords today to do it my self, thought if i put sum love into her she mght start loving me back lol
NiteW4tcher View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteW4tcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2009 at 12:52am
she will mate Thumbs Up
Sluffer View Drop Down
NPOC Legend Elite
NPOC Legend Elite

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sluffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2009 at 4:29am
Originally posted by monkeymunro monkeymunro wrote:

thought if i put sum love into her she mght start loving me back lol

Having been through the wars myself with my P10 this year, I can safely say I'm glad I stuck with her through the hard times. I did have my doubts at times, but I just couldn't let it get to to me, fought through most of the problems and now we're both happy, I'm happy being back behind the wheel of her, she's happy to be terrorizing the tarmac againLOL.

So in a nut, if you like/love the car that much, then you will come through the other side with a big cheesy grinBig smile

As for the servicing, it'll be cheaper to do it yourself, I use Nissan filters on my mine purely because I believe they're better for the car, and the cost of Nissan parts in relation to a motorfactors isn't too different.
It is much better to have loved and lost a sheep, than it is to have never loved one at all.
ju5t View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ju5t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2009 at 10:35am
honestly serviceing is the easiest thing ever. just new filter and oil in 10mins max.

new exhaust call these guys in brum they did me a backpipe for 43quid.

A To Z Auto Parts

I had same thing with fitting a new clutch then i blew the engine, so new engine, then that engine needed a clutch, then the driveshaft snapped, then the gearbox F**KED up. so bear with it mate.

on the whole they are very reliable and more than worth fixing!
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkeymunro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2009 at 12:21pm
cheers guys, i just keep changing my mind, one minute i've got all these ideas to start modding it then something goes wrong and i wanna get rid, im def gonna keep it but wanna start spending money to make it look better rather than on just keeping it running, can someone tell me where the fuel filter is so i can change it pls and also i got some 10 40 oil yesterday, is that the rite stuff? thanks for your comments people :-)
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkeymunro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2009 at 12:22pm
oh and does anyone have an idea what the creaking noise could b? cheers
essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2009 at 12:38pm
I have put a pink square around the fuel filter :

Thanks,
Shaun
essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2009 at 12:39pm
I have just deleted your other thread - Please don't start duplicating questions all over the place.

10 40 oil is fine.
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkeymunro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2009 at 12:42pm
lol sorry, just double checking, only the top part of the photo has loaded up but think i get the idea, thanx Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>