Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P11 144 - Which hazard switch?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rarkal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 12:19pm
Who is Carlos?
essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 10:09pm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Ghosn

AKA the man who killed Nissan and it's heritageThumbs Down
almalaci View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote almalaci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2010 at 11:57pm
MikeEH,

Could you confirm those pins 3 & 4? I'm about to put my stereo in but want to make sure I have everything fitted correctly.
How did you wire yours in the end?

Thanks
MikeEH View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeEH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2010 at 9:00pm
What I did in the end was to examine both plugs (P11 and P11-144) for the Hazard Switch. Apart from being different colours, the plugs are identical - except that the P11-144 has a raised ridge down the middle of both the sides, stopping it being fitted to the P11 switch. Now I didn't feel like wiring the new plug into the wiring loom so I got a craft knife and cut the ridges away. The plug clicked into the new switch and as well as the hazards working, it is also illuminated when lights are turned on.
Give it a try - worked for me.
Mike
almalaci View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote almalaci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2010 at 10:37pm
Thanks a lot Mike,
I'm glad I asked you before I did the work because I also don't want to go down the wiring route. I don't want to cut in the car's plug either so I'll try to cut the sides of the hazard switch plug instead. I'll post my experience.
All the best,
Laci

almalaci View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote almalaci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2010 at 9:27pm
I managed to cut slits into the sides of the hazard switch socket so the brown plug fits in nicely and I can confirm that both the switch and the illumination light work!
Thanks MikeEH for doing the research on the wiring and saving the job of tapping into the wiring blocks. 

MikeEH View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeEH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2010 at 1:14am
Easier than soldering/crimping into existing wiring, huh!
If you had cut the ridges away on the plug it still would have fitted back into the original socket if you wanted to replace the radio when selling the car. But you did it your way and it works - great!
andy88 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andy88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2010 at 5:52pm
bump
just wanted to thank mikeEH for the info on the switch, cant believe i didn't try this months ago with the switch, but at the time i didn't want to run the risk of trying it with the car being new to me, so a big thanks

in-case anyones wondering the bit on the plug i took a few pics, i ended up using a soldering iron to melt the ridge away, nearly cut fingers to pieces using knife

before
after
off
on
pal1972 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pal1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2010 at 12:04am
Andy88 any chnace of gettin some pics up that work?? I cant see them on here and i'm wanting to do the exact same thing with mine!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12