Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera induction kits - What's best??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laf375_scatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera induction kits - What's best??
    Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 8:48pm
i just bought a mystic GT! haha so happy, got it from Nookie (legend)

edit by eNc - Text removed

can anyone recommend a certain induction kit and exhaust manifold for the GT? what engine mods do poeple usually go for?
thanks guys!
pete
Primera Dave View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest
Lights era Action!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Primera Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 9:16pm
to be onest k&n,pipercross etc are all the same just want some good cold air feeds to it. Ive got k&n it sounds and looks mint. For best bhp though it recomended you smooth out exsisting air box upgrade panel filter and enlarge cold air feed this has prove good results. Manifold etc ive got the autochrome from ebay and it made instant difference to power took a hour to fit, cost just over £120 and also looks mint in engine bay.
Golf mk4 gti turbo. 3'' downpipe and de-cat, 2.75'' Jetex cat back, k&n induction kit and custom heat shield, 3'' intake, forge 007p dv, stage 1 190 Bhp map,Koni uprated shocks and h&r springs + more
PrimeraPowa View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrimeraPowa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 9:47pm
Is the performance increase from the manifold from ebay really that great, 15bhp minimum sounds like theyre just trying to shift them to people who will believe anything? Id imagine 10bhp would be reasonable.
Mad Ax View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest
Gaius Baltar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mad Ax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 9:27am
Apexi is generally considered to be the best option for the Primera.  It's a direct fit and works very well indeed.

Headers give a noticeable difference to the power curve.  The stock manifold is very restrictive and doesn't have a good flow.  I've got JPerformance headers and they made a huge difference - they really smoothed out the noticeable Primera flatspot in the midrange.

I don't think they do much at all to the peak HP figure tho - maybe a few HP on the dyno.  Most engine mods make a difference in the delivery, not the peak power.
Project Primevil - rusting in pieces :(

Project Torturer Class ROU "Kiss My Gravitas" - in progress.

"creepy but funny like" - Katie
REDGTHUNTER View Drop Down
Play Nice Group (N)
Play Nice Group (N)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote REDGTHUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 4:28pm
i have a manifold of ebay great value it does make an instant difference
it pulls out quicker and you tend to go through the gears faster but then it levels out
untill you get to 40000+ revs then it makes a small difference again.
the fuel consumption will remain similar to before and they are not to loud.
i think 15bhp is way more than what it does give you, but this depends on other mods you have on the car id say a decent K&N pannel filter and a manifold together may give you an extra 8 - 10 bhp.
i have both on mine i'd also recomend 17" alloys they make a huge difference to the handling
and good brand tyres are a must keep away from yokohama and the likes they only last upto a year tops as they are far to soft and the grip in the wet is crap.
go for continental sport or similar

" Im not as Thiss'd as you Pink i am ociffer ! "
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrimeraPowa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 4:54pm
Sounds promising with the ebay manifold, I've noticed with mine you need to get the revs up to keep it in the power, usually 4000rpm + . The ebay ones look pretty good value, I wouldnt want anything loud as I hate the chavvy image, just something slightly louder than stock and improves performance. All the ones on ebay say for the Primera GT, do most of these fit onto a P11 SE anyway?

Cheers

Ben
Primera Dave View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest
Lights era Action!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Primera Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 4:56pm
or goodyear egal f1s?
Golf mk4 gti turbo. 3'' downpipe and de-cat, 2.75'' Jetex cat back, k&n induction kit and custom heat shield, 3'' intake, forge 007p dv, stage 1 190 Bhp map,Koni uprated shocks and h&r springs + more
dyp View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member
Schwarzenegger!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by PrimeraPowa PrimeraPowa wrote:

Sounds promising with the ebay manifold, I've noticed with mine you need to get the revs up to keep it in the power, usually 4000rpm + . The ebay ones look pretty good value, I wouldnt want anything loud as I hate the chavvy image, just something slightly louder than stock and improves performance. All the ones on ebay say for the Primera GT, do most of these fit onto a P11 SE anyway?

Cheers

Ben
will fit on all p11 2.0Smile
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrimeraPowa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 5:55pm
Ah ok cheers, just read a few things on here about GT's having a lambda sensor in a different position.
StonyRay View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest
Dandy Emo Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StonyRay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 6:10pm
Apex'i FTW,
the bhp gains are for a 300hp skyline so half the results for a rule of thumb HP gain.

I like my cars like I like my women, big and from the 80's
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>