Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 AUX-IN & USB Adaptor

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2012 at 12:00pm
The changer is connected to the CD player that's in the console. In the back of that you'll find the connector. Check the FSM also.

I'm still curious as to how you plan to add a 3,5 jack to the audio...????

Ex: Primera P12 1.9dCi Estate<b
frenchyP12 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frenchyP12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2012 at 1:19pm
I just want do that :
Somebody have alredy try ?
What do you think about ?
wickydude View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2012 at 2:25pm
never heard anyone try that.
I think it could work if you leave the other wires to the changer in place. If you simply disconnect the changer, then the audio unit will not see that it has an input there and you will not be able to switch to the cd-changer input. Assuming that you do have a cd changer in the boot.

If you try, please give us some feedback!

hy9etb View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hy9etb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2012 at 12:07am
I added a 3.5mm jack to my P12 simply by splicing it into the existing cables for the car phone (my car didn't come with the actual phone cradle). This was incredibly easy, but there are a couple of downsides:

1) I had to create a new button to turn on the 3.5mm input
2) when i use the 3.5mm input, the screen displays 'PHONE' and you can't adjust the volume
3) the sound only comes out of the front drivers side speaker.
bunescul View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bunescul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2012 at 11:40am
someone managed to eventually make an aux input?
wickydude View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2012 at 3:04pm
HAVE A LOOK ABOVE!

Originally posted by hy9etb hy9etb wrote:

I added a 3.5mm jack to my P12 simply by splicing it into the existing cables for the car phone (my car didn't come with the actual phone cradle). This was incredibly easy, but there are a couple of downsides:

1) I had to create a new button to turn on the 3.5mm input
2) when i use the 3.5mm input, the screen displays 'PHONE' and you can't adjust the volume

plus the others that have installed the xcarlink.
So the simple answer is YES!

bunescul View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bunescul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2012 at 4:42pm
this is not a solution
wickydude View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2012 at 5:59pm
like I said, that was the simple answer. Have you looked at the xcarlink mentioned on the previous pages of the post? That really is the best solution if you want multiple inputs and controls on the wheel.

Ther is another user who has installed an aftermarket radio in the console.

Myself, I fitted a Parrot MKi9200, which has BT carkit, usb, sd, ipod and 3,5mm conectors.
The sound quality is not that good, but that was solved by instaling a hi/lo converter, amp and 10" sub.

It comes down to how much time, effort and money you want to spend. Unfortunately, it is not straightforward plugging something into the back of the audio.

bunescul View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bunescul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2012 at 9:05am
I think to try his version  frenchyP12 .
I hope not to spoil anything in my car .

wickydude View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2012 at 9:58am
Good luck! Let us know the result!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>