Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 AUX-IN & USB Adaptor

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolokolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 AUX-IN & USB Adaptor
    Posted: 20 Dec 2009 at 12:16pm
Guys,

I'm a new P12 (Mar 04) owner(black&white rear view screen).

I've been trying to find a way of connecting my mp3 to the audio unit but never expeted it would be so difficult.
I've seen members here talking about the xcarlink solution but I think I found a cheaper option which the manufacturer say is compatible to primeras

http://www.connects2.com/Instructions/USB_OEM.pdf

Does anyone know anything more on that and can provide detailed instructions how can I fit it on my primera?do I have to take out the dash?

Many thanks
johner07 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johner07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2009 at 12:23pm
welcome to NPOC, some one will be along to help to soon Tom

kolokolo View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolokolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2009 at 12:44pm
Hi Johner. nice to feel welcomed.

andy 1969 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andy 1969 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2009 at 3:55pm
i have a P11-144, now i know the radio is different, but i have one of the supposedly compatible X-Car link units. that after spending time contacting x-car link becasaue it would not work, was told (after sending a photo of the front of my radio) that it wasnt compatible so be carefull.

again i have not a great deal of knowledge of the P12 radios, but i am sure someone will be along that knows.

Welcome to the club Beer
You know it's going to be a bad day when you jump out of bed and miss the floor.
Smileyman View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smileyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 12:26am
Hello
Cannot advise on fitting external imput, (perhaps car telephone people can help?) but can advice that the P12 electrics are very complex, so take great care before cutting / connecting anything as the same cable is used by the onboard computer for several different tasks.... 
kolokolo View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolokolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 8:34am
Thanks guys,

I can't believe how Nissan missed something like that.
The problem is that I even tried Halfords and they didn't go ahead with a parrot installation because they "don't have experience with primeras".....how stupid is that???

I have to find a way of doing installation myself.  There should  be some people here who've done this before and can explain.?Confused

Smileyman View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smileyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 3:09pm
I think they did not miss it - more likely the Primera was designed before the requirement came about - look at the current cars and they do feature facility for MP 3's etc. Perhaps there is a route here to copy, speak to a friendly dealer technician....
Treef View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Treef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 4:31pm
You could always use an FM transmitter for your MP3 player, if it's an Ipod there are transmiters that fit direct to the Ipod
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by Treef Treef wrote:

You could always use an FM transmitter for your MP3 player, if it's an Ipod there are transmiters that fit direct to the Ipod
Exactly! this is really the only safe way to go. P12 electrics carry signals not just voltage/current. We have some brave person here fitting an aftermarket independant handsfree and I think it is going ok so far. However, some professional fitters have seriously screwed up the P12. I don't think the advice you have so far should be taken lightly, the fitter sounds as if he knows things you don't.
Andy12R View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy12R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2009 at 7:02pm
I've been looking at the same thing for my P12, the blurb says they're dead easy to connect as they simply plug into the back of the head unit where the CD changer would normally plug in. A thread on here  about the xcarlink (which goes into the same plug) says you can reach the plug without dismantling the dash

Don't buy one yet though, I was talking to a supplier earlier today - Audio Images in Bradford and he wasn't able to confirm that it would work with my 53 plate P12. He was going to talk to the manufacturer tomorrow and let me know.

I'll post on here when I've heard from him

Andy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>