Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2.0eGT Owner Saying Hi!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConradB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2.0eGT Owner Saying Hi!
    Posted: 30 Dec 2009 at 3:19pm
Hi all!

P10 2.0eGT owner just saying hi!  Had the car for the last 7 years, but it's been locked up in the garage for the last 3 years due to the need for a "more sensible family car" (had two kids ;).  The new car broke down just before Chrimbo so I've dusted off the Nissan. Took it for an MOT this morning and it failed on "Corroded Front to Rear Brake Lines" (which I'm hoping is just dirt - I'll give them a good clean tonight ;) fingers crossed it will pass on the retest :D.

I have to say I love my Primera, and although it's had a few t**ts drive into it over the years (got rear ended by and bus AND by a "white van man" in the space of 1 month a few years ago!) it is still the best car I've ever owned/driven.

I'm very pleased to join NPOC and hope everyone had a good Christmas and wish you all a very happy new year!

C.

P.S.  If the brake lines really are corroded, can anyone point me in the direction of a good DIY tutorial and supplier of new lines?  Ta.

modsman View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2009 at 3:39pm
Welcome to the club mate .. hope you get it through the retest . grease the pipes after you have cleaned them off .. they look better and wont corrode as fast .. 
hope you had a good xmas .. and have a great new year mate 
Skymera
ConradB View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConradB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 3:37pm
Just a quick update:  Got through the MOT no problem.  A good clean up was all that was required!  It is SO nice to be back driving the Nissan. I also got the other car fixed and back on the road - except the Mrs has now got her own insurance for that! :)  The Nissan is ALL MINE NOW!  Muaahahahaha!!

rrbarny View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest
The Weakest Link!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rrbarny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 3:38pm
Result Big smile
Too old to leave too young to get me pension.
COTM Jan 2013.
I`ve now got me pension
Andrew View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member
Zippy Outdoors Man!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 3:39pm
Clap

DILLIGAF Primera P11-72SRi..... (She`s half 144)
Formerly known as Peetee!! PDPA
Blue View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member
Sick End

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 11:50am
Sweet!! Good news that mate! A belated Welcome to NPOC, btwThumbs Up
Sluffer View Drop Down
NPOC Legend Elite
NPOC Legend Elite

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sluffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 6:08am
Welcome to NPOC ConradWave

Glad to hear you are still enjoying your Primera after it being parked for so longThumbs Up
It is much better to have loved and lost a sheep, than it is to have never loved one at all.
Geordie View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member
Not in Estate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geordie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 12:34pm
Welcome to NPOC Conrad Thumbs Up
Car of the Month April 2010 (Black GT)
Car of the Month August 2012 (Red Wagon)
"You are a one man, used car industry, improvement system!!" - Tom (12/12/16)
Current: 1991 P10 2 litre GS
johnbr6 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnbr6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 12:45pm
It's been way to long since anyone has signed up on here with an eGT Cry so nice to have ya on here fella Rockon

The MOT place should be able to sort the pipes out for you, mine was off the road for 2 years and the whole braking system had failed (front and rear pipes corroded everywhere LOL!)... the MOT guy fitted new ones, so just sort it out with him

Post some piccies up and enjoy the forums
John.

johnbr6 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnbr6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 12:51pm
doh just seen that it Passed... I fail.

Glad to hear it's passed, enjoy it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>