Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nissan Primera P12 navigation DVD sat nav Language
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 navigation DVD sat nav Language

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
shurland View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shurland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 navigation DVD sat nav Language
    Posted: 08 Dec 2012 at 3:55am
how did you get your screen to stay on?
residentaliennz View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote residentaliennz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2010 at 11:56pm
Thanks for that. Got the screen to stay on by Trial and error so half way there. Once the clock is done I am pretty set for now and hopefully one day there will be an english conversion. I have posted my interest in contributing in the NZ forum as well.

vidiot View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vidiot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2010 at 11:35pm
I think that the clock is in the last screen to the right. Push the settings botton and navigate accross the the last menu on the right. One of those is the clock. I do it by trial and error each and every time - whats the worst that can happen after all? After changing the time sometimes the clock dissappears from the screen. To turn it back on I think that it it is in one of the first settings menus. Sorry that I can't be more definate.
vidiot
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote residentaliennz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2010 at 10:11pm
Also any help you can give figuring out the control screen will be appreciated , I have managed to get the screen to stay on to display Radio\Temp etc, but need to know which item in the menus is the one to adjust the clock?
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote residentaliennz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2010 at 3:13am
Interesting thanks for that I will have a poke around on the weekend to see if I can find it and have a look.
vidiot View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vidiot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2010 at 3:04am
Hi Darren,

The TV receiver in my wagon is located in the rear on the right hand side behind the trim. I found it then pulled it out - this required a bit of effort, but it is held in place by four bolts from memory. I took photos of the unit with all the cables in place before I went any further. Once I got the unit out I pulled it apart to identify the place on the circuit board for the audio out and thus identify the correct place on the plug to make the connection. It was pretty easy to find as it was well labeled. I am pretty sure that I just soldered a couple of RCA leads directly into the AV out plug and ran them up to the centre console. Then I reinstalled the reassembled TV unit back in place with all the cables attached except for the one that would have plugged into the AV out. Now all you need is an apple AV cable or cradle that plugs into the base (for a better quality of sound) and it keeps the ipod/iphone charged. (I found that the cheaper third party adapters continually become redundant whenever apple update their firmware). It is my intension to install the cradle into the front ash tray so that it is hidden away and will be easy to jog through the songs - but I have yet to figure out how to get the ash tray out (popswo's suggestion does not seem to work).

vidiot
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote residentaliennz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2010 at 1:47am
Originally posted by vidiot vidiot wrote:

Hi Terry and Jess,
I have however had success in playing my ipod through the stereo system without the need for those pesky FM transmitters. If you are interested and slightly technically minded then drop me a line. It requires taping into the next to useless TV line.

Having just purchased a 2001 Primera Wagon, I would be interested to know how you did this.

regards

Darrin Mcleod
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2010 at 10:59pm
vidiot View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vidiot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2010 at 10:52pm
Update.

The solution in Aust is now available in Auckland and CHCH. Unfortunately it only works on skylines. I just spoke with Shaun at http://www.xanavi.com.au/ and he told me that the software can be redeveloped for the P12 Primera but it would require a commitment of a finite number of owners to make it happen. He is going to make some inquiries to see just what it will take.
vidiot
vidiot View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vidiot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2010 at 10:35pm
Hi Terry and Jess,

No I did not get it sorted. From what I can tell there may be a solution in Australia. They contacted some Russians who adapted some software that can be loaded into the hardware behind the dash. I got the feeling that the only way for a kiwi to capitalize on this (short of driving through the tunnel to Sydney) was to remove the appropriate piece of hardware and send it to Aust to have the software loaded for around $250 AUD. I put this in the too hard basket. It was also unclear if it wold work for a P12 Primera as they were doing Maxima installs.

I also spoke with a local wrecker who told me that if you replace just the keypad of the Aircon/Stereo/Navi unit with a kiwi one then you would have english in your menu. Cost $500 NZD. But then there was some speculation that replacing the keypad was not enough and that I would have to replace everything, keypad, radio, aircon, the works. I thought that a $500 gamble was too rich for me.

I have however had success in playing my ipod through the stereo system without the need for those pesky FM transmitters. If you are interested and slightly technically minded then drop me a line. It requires taping into the next to useless TV line.
vidiot
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>