Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P11 144 hid / xenon headlight

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stonegrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2010 at 11:17am
if the colour changes, after a few minutes, then the bulb is breaking down, OEM Nissan ones are 4300k, if change the the bulb, you will need to replace it with one of the same output. after running standard HID's, i would not recomend you go above 6000k for replacements. 8000k's are borderline on legality due to their blue-er output.
gibzy View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gibzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2010 at 3:59pm
Sorry to jump on to the thread but could anyone please tell me about replacing the fog lamp bulb on a P11-144? The manual doesnt mention the bulb size except that its 55W or how to change it. As there anything I need to know in advance taking the dirt plate off and wiping it out? Apart from that all the advice on the xenons sound very good. Cheers!
2001 Primera (in)Activ + LPG
alanpilky View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alanpilky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2010 at 6:00pm

StoneGrey, When you metion that you have to change to a bulb with the original output - you don't mean 4300l or 6000k do you? I thought this was a colour rating? Am I wrong....I am most of the time...

stonegrey View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stonegrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2010 at 9:50pm
yes that's what i mean Alan, same colour/temperature rating, i.e. 4300k or 6000k.

alanpilky View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alanpilky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2010 at 2:43pm
Why is that the case? Do they get hotter and melt the casing?
Treef View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Treef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2010 at 4:03pm
They are the same wattage so that is not an issue it's due to the colour difference,  they will probably fail the M.O.T and possibly attract the attention of plod if you have 4300 on one side and 6000 on the other.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12