Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > NPOC Car Of The Month > 2010 Archive
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

January 2010 - Club Review of 2009

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
NPOC_COTM View Drop Down
NPOC Staff
NPOC Staff

COTM Staff

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NPOC_COTM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: January 2010 - Club Review of 2009
    Posted: 22 Dec 2009 at 4:58am
Well well well!! In a complete change of what we normally do for a Car Of The Month feature, here's summing new! 2009 for NPOC and it's members was such a fecking fantastic year, it would be a shame to let it pass, without taking the time to look back.

So in this feature, we're gonna look back at 2009 with a month by month snap shotClap

I'm going to highlight the club meets, previous COTM winners, the monthly photo competition winner(s) and I'm also going to pick out some of my favourite modifications done to the members cars each month.. To top it off, I'm also going to remind us all of some of the great news our members have shared in their private lives too.

Through out the feature you'll find some personal yearly reviews and feedback from some of members - Many thanks to those of you who took the time to do this.Thumbs Up

So has the kettle boiled? Has the cat been fed / dog been walked? Sit down, scroll down and enjoy the bestest memories of the yearBig smile

January 2009

Car Of The Month for January, went to "Renrut"  with his cracking Nissan Primera P12Clap

Congratulations go to "Renrut"Clap

You can read the full COTM interview and view the rest of the photos here:

Club Meets:

The Southerner's kicked of with a get together at The Devils Dyke pub in Brighton. They had a great turnout as always, with a chilled out meal and a few drink's NPOC styleCool

The East Anglia based members also had a meet during January.. But no signs from anyone of their photos from the day.. Think Masons and be very scaredNinjaLOL!

Shaun's fav mods from January went to...:

"Sprint" after he ditched the OEM wheels on his gorgeous Nissan Primera P10 eGT and fitted these awesome Team Dynamics 17's:

And rather than fitting one of the more popular strut braces for the P11, "DaMasterPNut" located a "JDM" strut brace which is a direct fitment for the Nissan Primera, ignore his engine in this photo, we all know it got chucked in the skip and something better came later on in the year.. Anyways, check out the strut brace!

Members Competition (and random photos):

Our long standing monthly members photography competition (will it ever end LOL!), was won by "Darwin"! This round was aptly themed "Music" - Here was the winning photo, as voted for by our membersClap:

Members personal news:

Notable congratulations went out to "p11sr20" and his wife, for the birth of their gorgeous baby girl Ellie Elizabeth:

It will be her 1st birthday soon tooClap

Members yearly review:

Over to Staff Member "twelve" and his feedback.......!

"When I joined NPOC in October 2008 I wasn't really looking for a club, I was just after information about the car so I could maintain it myself.

It wasn't until early 2009 where I started looking at mods and then went and bought my lights off "Peetee" and wheels off "Dennyboy". They both had such huge passion for the club and said I should come to a meet. Up until that point I hadn't even considered meeting up with the club. I had a look and the Winchester meet was coming up. I put my name down and then did my usual thing of trying to think of reasons not to go (I'm unbelievably shy and nervous about meeting new people). I'm glad I decided to come as it was a fantastic day out and left me wanting more. That was it I got the NPOC bug.

Ever since then I've pushed to attend as many meets as I can. At the bigger meets there are always going to be people that I haven't met, but now I don't tend to get nervous as I've gotten to know people on the forums. It's more a case of putting names to faces.
My favourite club meets are the ones at Portsdown Hill. It's a fantastic location and typically isn't about the cars. It's a great break from everyone's hectic lives to go up there, see some nice cars and then just chill out on the hill with some friends.

JAE was great too. The sheer size of our plot and the club presence throughout the whole weekend was overwhelming. I'd never seen anything like it. We may have boring cars in some peoples eyes but we couldn't be further from boring people. I didn't see any other club be as welcoming as NPOC, whether it be inviting the NCN members over for the Saturday night or just random passers by that just want a quick chat.

It gets said a lot that NPOC is a family and it's about the people not the cars. A lot of things get said in life about ideals like this and very rarely are they true. But with NPOC it is, I certainly feel like part of a family and it's definitely not about the cars as many meets I've attended we've had cars other than Primera's there.

It's a family that I'm proud to be a part of and I hope to be here for a very long time.
I've not really got much else to say. I've met some wonderful people this year, seen some fantastic cars and look forward to 2010 being more of the same (it can't be any better)."

February 2009

Car Of The Month for February 2009 went to "stonegrey", with his stunning Nissan Primera P11 144Clap

Congratulations go to "stonegrey"Clap

Club Meets:

The second month of 2009 and the club members went nuts.. I guess once the Xmas period was over and all the good films on the tele were done with, it was time to clean the Primera and show it offRockon

Starting off Februarys meets, the North East members got together in Redcar and braving the silly cold weather, they had a good turnout as usual:

"GT janner" and "sixlegger" had a quick mini meet on the West Coast, showing off their two shiny Nissan Primera GTs:

Then the following week, the same 2 guys from the West Country hooked up with another willing NPOCer and  2 became 3!! Here's "GT janner", "sixlegger" and "CombineTom" in action:

The monthly Southern meet at Portsdown Hill (Portsmouth), saw some choice Primeras out on show, with the members enjoying the lovely grub from Mick's burger van Rockonand each other's company as usual! They also had quite a few members travel from further a field, showing this meet is getting very popular!Clap Well done guys and gals:

Following the Portsdown Hill meet, a few member's made the trip back to London to join the other local member's for a good old curryTongue:

"taffy", "supertourer", "p11sr20" and "dagger" also had a mini meet in a local car park in Sheffield. This proved you don't need lots of Sexy Primera's in one place when four will do perfectly wellThumbs%20Up :

Don't forget you can view our massive archive of all past club meets, showing stacks of photos, in our Meets Photo Achive Section found here:

Shaun's fav mods from February went to...:

"prim-n-proper" after installing the amazing LED lighting, fitted just above the fog lamps, he then also fitted a Cupra splitter and de-tango'd the indicatorsClap

Anyone spell rigged LOL... But I also loved these gorgeous KEI reclining bucket seats, fitted into a sexy as you dare Nordic Nissan Primera GTLE loon:

Come on peeps.. I'm writing the fricken feature after allLOL

Probably one of my favourite ever photos seen on NPOC, this one highlighted the new design of NPOC stickers we released in late 2008 and they were captured brilliantly on "gibsonmandela"s gorgeous Nissan Primera GTSE MysticRockon:

"Ross" upgraded his P10 eZX's front brakes, with some Skyline caliper's and some modded and hooge 292mm discs - A club first no less!!Clap

Looking at our running members photography competition for February 2009 - This round was themed "Reflection" and picking up his 2nd win in this competition was "Ant-Dat"!! Here was the winning photo, as voted for by our membersClap:

Anothe random photo for you.. February 2009 saw the UK hit by snow (anyone fed up of snow yet LOL)... "essNchill" turned on the night lighting and lit the snow up..

That car rocksLOL!!

Members personal news:

"Tom-P10" had his results from his BEng Civil Engineering coursework, He Passed his Engineering Surveying with distinction and Analysis and Design of Structural Elements with a passClap

March 2009

Car Of The Month for March went to "Peetee" and his fantastic Nissan Primera P11 SRi:Clap

Congratulations go out once again to "Peetee"Clap

Club Meets:

Our North East members had their annual trip to the Hartside Cafe, enduring some thick fog for the Meet to start of with but clearing during the day and showing off some wicked Nissan Primera'sRockon

The Southerner's were back at the Devils Dyke pub in Brighton this month, to enjoy a lovely pub lunch and general chit chat, whilst taking in some awesome scenery:

Our South West guys and gals got together in Weston and enjoyed some lovely weather for March! They then moved on to Cheddar Gorge for the afternoon for some cool photos:

A couple of mini meets for you now (we just like whoring photos of Primeras LOL), so here you go!!

"CombineTom" & "GT Janner" took their Nissan Primera P11 GT's (grey and black) to some scenic spots down in Newquay and snapped these moody photos:

"James" & "JC#79" met up at Brands Hatch and got 2 of the coolest cars and number plates side by side, for these piccies:

Big respect to all of you members and your cars, for getting out and about in March and showing the public what we're aboutClap

Shaun's fav mods from March went to...:

GT_PEV" installed this Honda Accord rear spoiler on his GT:

"davep11gt" fitted these uber cool JDM quads on his Nissan Primera GT!

"yogi" installed this strut brace (colour coded to match his custom engine bay) which was custom made by "Shade" many moons ago and now graces this lovely Nissan Primera P11 144Clap:

Looking at our running members competition, March 2009 saw two rounds take place!

Round 1
This round was themed "Silence" and picking up win number 3 was "naughtynorm"!! Here was the winning photo, as voted for by our membersClap:

Round 2

This round was themed "Oriental" and picking up win number 5 was "Leon_gt"!! Here was the winning photo, as voted for by our membersClap:

AWESOME!!

Back in December 2008, NPOC held it's annual Ace Cafe end of year meet, which had an amazing turnout as usual!! This provided an excellent background for a magazine feature and Total Nissan Magazine were interested!

It was a top result for the Club and in March 2009 when Total Nissan hit the shops, we had a massive 6 page feature, which included members interviews, car specs and many many photos!Rockon

Here are the scans from the feature:

^^ That one is dedicated to all of our members, who make this club such a massive success!! ^^ Bow%20Down

Members personal news:

"HeavyMetalP11" and his partner Michelle, who gave birth to a gorgeous baby girl who they have named Zoe and here she is:

Members yearly review:

Who's up next? Over to "johnbr6"... So listen up peeps!

"Well I have been a member for almost two years now but it was back in April when I had my first ever NPOC meet. I instantly knew then, what people liked about meets so much.

My favourite club meet of 2009 was JAE or Anglesey, one of those two. I will never forget the Anglesey meet because it was my first one and I will never forget the excitement I felt when I saw “EVOGT”'s Nissan Primera P12 parked up. Honestly? It was like meeting famous people! That's how much I was looking forward to that meet.

JAE was, well, epic?!... I met even more people and had even more of a laugh than I did at Anglesey. What a community NPOC is! I can not explain how much it meant to me, to be part of it. I have been suffering from withdrawal symptoms ever since.

My favourite cub car of the year has to be “Sprint”'s Nissan Primera eGT. Before I met the guy I never really took much interest in it, not one that I went out of my way to find a photo of kinda car but I remember a thread going up about December last year asking who's car was everyone's favourite?? Someone posted up a picture up of it and I thought, that doesn't look too bad actually! When he put the 17” Team Dynamic Pro Race 1.2's on and then the R32 brakes... I was totally made!!

The forums have been a proper laugh! Every night, there is something that makes me smile, or I wake everyone in the house up, due to me laughing so much during the early hours, I couldn't ask for a better forum community!

It means a hell of a lot to be part of such a great club - I honestly can not imagine life without NPOC now... I have become addicted to it! So many great people who like one of the best 90's cars ever invented and so many great examples of the Nissan Primera!"

April 2009

Car Of The Month for April, went to "Rodney" and his glorious Nissan Primera P10 eGT (which he sadly no longer owns!!)Cry

Congratulations go out once again to "Rodney" Clap

Club Meets:

April saw a load of club meets all over the country, as the NPOC hardcore got out and aboutRockon

Proving that any club meet can be fun, regardless of the amount of cars in attendance!! "Rodney", "Quaily" & "rhinop11", met up in Redcar for a chat and parts swapClap:

In April 2009, the club set out for a new meet idea and what a success!! From all over the UK, we border hopped into North Wales and to Anglesey!! We spent the weekend camping (and fook me, note for all... The 1st weekend in April is mighty cold!) and we also took in 2 days watching motorsport at Anglesey CircuitRockon We went to support one of our members "hawkenr" and his race team, as they competed in the latest round of the LMA Saloon series. Their car, a Nissan Primera Super Tourer (P11) put out a great showing over the 2 days. On the track also was a Nissan Primera P10 Tourer.. It was an awesome weekend meet!:

The Midlands based members met up at Sawley Lock and the glorious weather brought out the glorious Nissan Primeras and their ownersClap:

Keen to keep our annual and established Southern Meet in Winchester, we had some last minute plans and changes to the normal venue (due to the F1 taking place!).. The new location worked well and attendance was spot on. The members met up and then convoyed to a local pub, where we ate / drank and watched the F1 togetherRockon:

Well done to all of you guys and gals, who polished the cars, done your hair and got out to attend these club meets - Much respect to all of you and thanks for representingClap

You can see all our past club meets in the Meets Photo Archive Section, found here:

Shaun's fav mods from April went to...:

"Quaily" who caught the "bling" bug this month and concentrated under the bonnet of his late plated Nissan Primera P11 GTLEThumbs%20Up Starting off with repainting the cam cover and strut brace in this Red and Silver sparkle fleck effect:

Strut brace:

And then we saw the mother of all big reveals... "peetee" did the full rear end Nissan Primera P11 144 conversion on his Nissan Primera P11Respect, the results are outstanding (especially as he resprayed all the new parts from black!):

AND - Just in case, there's any doubters (thinking "nah that's a 144 anyhow").. This will see ya believingLOL:

Before:

After:

He has named the car "The Primera P11- 72....... (She`s half 144)"Big%20smile

Looking at our running members competition for April 2009 - This round was themed "Light" and picking up his 1st win in this competition was "Tom-P10"!!

Here was the winning photo, as voted for by our membersClap:

"james inglis" and his mighty Nissan Primera P10 Turbo (sadly he no longer owns it BUT it remains in the club!) were featured in the April edition of Total Nissan Magazine, as our official club carClap:

Members personal news:

"Blue" applied for a promotion / new role at his current place of work and bagged it and "bobman" finally finished his final year work project!!

Members yearly review:

In his own unique words and style, I'm gonna pass you over to "Mad Ax" and see what he has to sayClap

"I joined NPOC in 2008, but I didn't get fully involved in the club and didn't make it to a great number of events, but the club atmosphere and photos of meets I'd missed encouraged me to resubscribe to the modded car scene in 2009.

I made a point of getting to as many meets and events as possible, and very soon I was made to feel like a true member of the family.  The atmosphere at every event puts other clubs to shame - whether it's small local gatherings, bigger regional meets, or major UK shows.  I mean this as no disrespect to other clubs - I've been a member of more than a few, but I've never found a club that has a true family feel like NPOC.

Japfest was the highlight of early summer, even though it was bitterly cold and raining for most of the day.  It was my first Japfest with NPOC (I actually picked up my GT on the day of Japfest 2008 and didn't know then that the club existed and was having a huge meet at this fantastic event just a few miles from my house!) - and the club had a massive presence and practically ruled the pit straight with two long rows of modded prims.  Highlights of the day were too many to list, but included some much-needed tradestand bargains, fantastic (if overpriced) food from the turpin vans, and of course the NPOC family feel.  Lowlights were bitterly cold winds, driving rain and getting stuck in horrendous traffic on the way out - not good, but well worth it!

My NPOC membership expired after Japfest, so I decided to pay back the club for everything it had done for me over the last year and upgraded to Elite status.

Mid-summer brought with it the South-West Engine Swap Day, a disaster of epic proportions and a day of much fun and hilarity.  Half a dozen NPOC members (including one who travelled all the way from the opposite side of the country - well done, Tom!!) converged on a sunny garden in Taunton, where lay three broken Primeras and enough bits to make at least one of them work.

Sadly, we lacked the exact tools needed to complete the job (ahem, locking wheel nut key, Col, ahem!) but we still made a good crack at getting the cars stripped down and had a lot of fun in the process.  The problem-solving abilities of the attendees was pushed to the max during the day, with perhaps the ingenious method ever of getting an engine out of an engine bay without a hoist: unbolt everything, then flip the car upside down.  Only in Taunton could this be allowed happen.

And ColWelsh makes the most fantastic bacon butties.

More meets followed, culminating in the highlight of 2009 - the one event that totally made all the trials and tribulations of a difficult year worthwhile.  JAE.

If there was a day when I totally fell in love with NPOC, it was the day I got to JAE.  As an elite member, I was entitled to arrive a day early to help set up the club stand and enjoy a few drinks with the other elites.  As if to make up for Japfest, the weather was stunning.  Beautiful sunshine, light breeze, and those high fluffly clouds that are quite common over the flatlands of middle England but so rare for us who live within the hills of the Westcountry.  The NPOC stand was perfect - centrally located, with a big area for camping, central zone for chilling out, and enough room for more than three rows of nicely-spaced cars.  Basically, we rocked.

Three days of chilling in the sun and partying under the stars; three days of the smell of exhaust fumes and barbecued burgers; three days of stella artois and hi-octane petrol.  And above all, three days with the best bunch of people one could hope to meet in the UK modified car scene.

Immediately after JAE, I headed over to Europe for a family holiday - but JAE still ranks as the highlight of that month and of the year as a whole.  If I'd have gone alone, then JAE would have been a fun day out.  But I went with NPOC, and that made it so much more.

After JAE, disaster - for me, at least.  Reduced salary and an ageing GT made for a difficult road ahead, but after much hard work (and a temporary dabble with the idea of scrapping the old beast), I'm back on the road and really, really looking forward to 2010 and as many NPOC meets as I can possibly drag my sorry behind along to.

As a final word - I've said it before and I'll say it again - the mod-car scene attracts a lot of muppets.  From armchair experts who will talk at you all day long about how their best mate's Civic will outrun Lamborghinis and is invisible to radar, and that Ford use stem cells from drowned kittens in their injector seals, to mouthbreathers who think that the scene is all about burnouts, handbrake turns, and dangerous and antisocial driving in built-up areas, to pompous self-important idiots who think they're more important than anyone because they've spent more on their paint job than most of us can afford on our entire modding budget.  There was a time when I was prepared to knock it on the head and get out for good, but NPOC has made a believer out of me in 2009; the scene is still well and truly alive in the UK, and if you're in the NPOC, nobody judges you on your modding style, direction, skill or budget."

May 2009

Car Of The Month for May 2009 went to "prim-n-proper" and his awsome P11 SLX Saloon. It's a car that changes how we can all modify tastefully and also completely smashes any preconceptions that the GT model is the best!

A big well done to him againClap and a reminder that you can read the full COTM interview and see the rest of the photos here:

Club Meets:

May kept up with the big run of events in the NPOC calendar and we were well represented again, up and down the countryRockon

The members attended the Rising Sun 2009 Event in Lincolnshire:

Clap

We held a club Rolling Road Meet at Hi-Tech Motorsport in the Midlands. This was either a tune and run, or just a straight power run. As ever, it was a great day for all who attendedThumbs%20Up:

And the 1st of the big National Jap Meets of 2009, the NPOC showed over 50 cars on our Club Stand at Japfest 2009 at Castle CombeRespect - It was an early start as always, with the club meeting up beforehand and then convoying to the circuit:

Well done and many thanks to ALL of you, who got the club name out there during May 2009Clap

Shaun's fav mods from May went to...:

"twelve" got seriously cool with the doorcards on his Nissan Primera P11.. This was his own retrim and the results are excellentClap:

"spiffy" one of our Norwegian members and his super sleek Nissan Primera P11 144 Wagon! Check out these new alloysRockon:

"DENNYBOY" and his silver Nissan Primera GTLE - This was from a recent club Group Buy on custom battery covers, big thumbs up from us all here:

Looking at our running members competition for May 2009 - There were 2 rounds held this month! The 1st was themed "Urban" and picking up his 1st win in this competition was "supraboy", with this entryClap:

The second round of the competition held in May was themed "Landscape" and was won by "p11sr20" With this winning photoClap:

Well done to both of yaClap

Members yearly review:

Let's have another one... What say you "Geordie"?...

"Well, at last I have found something I have a passion for of my own. I always ended up putting everything I had into my relationships. Unfortunately, up till my current partner Claire, I have been a terrible judge of women to marry - Two failed marriages tells a tale LOL.

Since I joined up as a paying member, I have been overwhelmed by the help, advice and friendship available in spades on NPOC. I love it! - Maybe a bit too much (Claire calls herself an NPOC widow LOL).

My first meet, Ferry Meadows, was a bit daunting for me. Although I was made welcome, I still felt like a bit of an awkward newbie, and the car didn't even have the smallest splash of green on it either. Since then, I've been to a couple of NE meets, a meet in Sheffield and Ace (which was totally great).

I've met some brilliant people, and had some great help from them. Far too many to mention.

The air fresheners were a big thing for me. Frustrating, nerve racking and exciting in different ways. I'm so glad they have turned out how they have; let’s hope they keep selling well.

I Can't wait for 2010; let's hope NPOC goes from strength to strength. I know it will.
I have nowt but admiration for the staff team, and the way they run the club fairly and professionally.

My favourite club car of the year has been "Blues" (ex "Nabbers") black loon GT - drool drool!!"

June 2009

Car Of The Month for June 2009, as is tradition.. Changed to a FOTM (feature of the month) and it looked back at Japfest 2009 (in May) and held at Castle Combe. The NPOC had a mahoooosive stand as always and we were very well representedClap

As normal we met up before the event at the Little Chef and had a huge convoy of Primeras roll into the show as oneRockon

Well done to all of you who showed out for the clubClap And don't forget you can read the full feature and see loads and loads of photographs here:

Club Meets:
During June, we had 3 regional meets dotted all around the countryRockon

The Southerners met up on the Hill (Portsdown in Pompey), this is the regular South Coast Meeting point. We alternate between here and Brighton each month.. The weather was awesome and Micks burgers as legendary as everLOL

The cider and pastie posseee got out as well and they met up in Cornwall, the cars looked amazingClap

And the North East crew met up in Redcar and the meet was well atended as alwaysRockon

Clap

Shaun's fav mods from June went to...:

"Quaily" and the reveal of the new front end look on his Nissan Primera P11 GTLE.. He fitted an HID kit, fitted eyebrows and then tinted all front facing units:

"shadow" finally got rid of his pea shooter on the back of his Nissan Primera GTLE and had this awesome slash cut backbox installedClap:

Looking at our running members competition for Jun 2009, round 21 (will it ever end LOL!) was themed "Wilderness".

The winner as voted for by the members was "James_m.white", with this photograph:

Well done matey, class photo and deserving winnerClap

Members personal news:

"aryzalp", aanounced she had just passed her degree in Modern European Studies with a 2:1.
"JC#79" & "Ant-Dat", who both got their cars snapped by the Banzai photographer at Japfest and shown in the latest edition of Banzai!

Members yearly review:

He goes by the name Dave, Pete or Paul LOL! But's let hope only one of them has the goods here... Take it away "peetee":

"2009 has been a shit year for me personally BUT a great year club wise!

Winning COTM in March was an unexpected honour.

I was part of the cracking weekender Meet in Wales but was gutted to have missed JAE and Peterborough.

It was another honour to be the clubs guest for the Ace Café weekend and my thanks to all of the members who went beyond all normal boundaries for a "car" club and raised the money to get me there.

My 2009 favourite club car (mainly coz I haven’t seen “Nabbers / Blues” this year LOL!!) is “Geordies” Nissan Primera GT - Top bloke too!"

July 2009

Car Of The Month for July 2009 went to "Dagger" and his beautiful green Nissan Primera P10 SRi:

A huge congratulations on winning the coveted award Clap.

Read the full feature here:

Club Meets:

As an owners club, we are extremely proud of our presence at the jap car meets.  Our members never fail to turn out in good numbers to enjoy the show and represent the club.

NPOC were proud to be part of the 2009 Thoresby Jap Car Show:

A fantastic time had by all, to see the hundreds of photos from this meet, see the full thread here:

Local meets are always a favourite with the members, take a look at the Shoreham meet (Brighton), also from July 2009:

Superb photos, you can see the entire set here:

Shaun's fav mods from July went to...:

Something new from "MysticMike" this month..! He had removed the crappy placcy covering on the pillars on his Nissan Primera P11 Mystic GTSE a long time ago but thinking out of the box, he tried this look:

Yeah... He fitted 70 mini GT tickers to his GTSE.. Proving to be a marmite mod in the club so far but for imagination he scores a massive 100% from usClap 

"Rocketman" fitted the holy grail of full system exhausts to his Mystic Primera GT!

You start off with this:

You mix in a little of this:

And some hard graft later you end up with this:

Mystic and A'pexi Drool.

Deciding to do something radical, "DaMasterPNut" showed us a little magic trick!  One SR20DE removed:

One SR20VE installed:

Truly awesome work and fantastic end results reported from himClap

Looking at our running members competition for July 2009, round 22 was themed "Summer".

The winner as voted for by the members was "Jim", taking victory for the second time in a row, with this photo! Clap

Some of our members like nothing more that getting out and about and then taking a photo of their beloved cars, here's one that caught our eyes during July.. It also shows what a breath takingly beautiful country Norway is!! "Torby" our man in Norway snapped this photo and it's awesomeClap:

Members personal news:

"doz_SR20" announced he had completed his placement year and "CombineTom" took his good lady to Paris and got engaged!!

And with the man's name still fresh in our minds, let's hear what he had to say about 2009 as an NPOC member, "CombineTom" step up to the plate:

Members yearly review:

"In my eyes, 2009 has been a highly fruitful and successful year for NPOC, with lots of highs (and a few online lows!!) to emphasis the outstanding reputation of the club.

My first meet of the year came at Castle Combe Race Circuit for Japfest 2009, and what a great way to lose your NPOC meet virginity as it were, with a veritable delight of Primeras on show, and also a huge number of members to meet and greet, which is always slightly daunting, but is all the easier when everyone is so friendly!! As ever i recieved some gifts care of members, and some great banter!!

Dotted in between the major meets of Japfest + JAE were a few local meets for us South West members, which are always nice and always good for a catch up. I think these meets are key for us in the South West as it keeps everyone interested and involved, even being so far out the way.

Up next in Spetember was the big one, JAE 2009, and what a "Big One" it was. An amazing event made all the better by the excellent company and as ever, excellent organisation by the staff team, which i have not seen in action before, but having been there and seen it, i have a lot of respect for how much work they put in.

It was an honour also, to be part of the cubs, the unlucky losers to the overall, and deserved champions. And the sheer amount of booze is always a bonus.

Last up, was our local meet at Weston in late November, a chilly South West day was chosen, but did nothing to deter the attention of the fellow members from having anopther successful meet, and what a great day and settnig to end the year, i was just disapointed that my car couldn't make it!!

My car of this year has to be seeing Vince's (shadow) red P11 at JAE for the first time, absolutely stunning in the flesh, and brilliantly looked after!!

The thing that has made me smile the most has to be being both French and a retarded tractor boy, amazingly heartwarming in a way!!"

August 2009

Car Of The Month for August 2009 went to "Shadow" and his beautiful red Nissan Primera P11 GTLE:

Many congratulations, top car, top chapClap

Club Meets:

August was a mahooosive month for club meets!!

Our Southern members got together with some of the AOC, for a meet at Elstead (Surrey):

Another meet took place in Cheshire:

We had NPOC representing at the Dorset Jap Car Show 2009:

Another meet took place at Bagshot (Surrey):

And the West Country members met up at Liskeard (Cornwall):

As well as all that 'meety' goodness, August is a very important date in the club calendar as this is the when we have our annual Club meet at Peterborough:

Fantastic meets, superb photos and cracking turn outs as always Clap

Shaun's fav mods from August went to...:

"Tran$porter" who decided to pimp up his Nissan Primera P12 with some serious 19" alloys action!:

Before:

After:

In a word, WOW!!

"yogi" added some wind deflectors to his tasty Nissan Primera P11 144:

"DaMasterPNut" finally got his newly installed SR20VE engine (with the rest of the car LOL) on the dynopack and the initial results were spot on!! 187.9 BHP:

We know there will be more to come as wellClap

Looking at our previous members competition for August 2009, round 23 was themed "Britain". The winner as voted for by the members was "Sluffer" with this fantastic photo:

He is still recovering from that binge! Big%20smile

Round 24 and the theme was 'Rain'.  Another fantastic competition, your winner was "Clemo" with this superb shot of rain beading on the roof, also his very first entry into a photo competition:

Great work Clap

NPOC's favourite pair of Irish members got together! "GaryeGT" and "Bobman" polished up the cars and headed out for a photoshoot - This was our favourite photo from the set:

"Quaily" deservedly represented the NPOC in a feature in Total Nissan magazine:

Members personal news:

"johnbr6" passed his GCSE exams with superb results and "supraboy" passed his driving theory test!!
"Dyp" and "GemGemz" shared a great announcement that they were having a babyClap

September 2009

Car Of The Month for September 2009 went to "Ady_c" and his gleaming black Nissan Primera P11 144 Sport+:

Many congratulations once againClap

Club Meets:

September held our biggest meet of the year JAE and what a weekend we had.  There is no show bigger than the Japanese Auto Extravaganza and this year we were arguably the biggest turned out club. It was simply monumental!! The club bagged loads of hardware tooClap

You can read our full JAE 2009 Club Feature here:

Shaun's fav mods from September went to...:

"prim-n-proper" for this one off front bumper on his Nissan Primera P10 eGTand also adding a splitter to it:

"JC#79" who did some cosmetic changes to the mighty Nordic Nissan Primera P11 GT Turbo.  Starting with some subtle but hugely intensive changes to his front bumper featuring new curvy bottom end:

Side shot shows off new 144 door strips:

Awesome Clap

"Swiper" fitted an aftermarket stainless manifold to his Nissan Primera P11 GT, check out the changing colours as it beds in, lovely:

Round 25 of the Photo Competition took place in September, the subject for this competition was "Ireland".  This was won by "aryzalp" with this siezed opportunity of snapping her car in colour formation of the Irish flag, very nice Clap

Members personal news:

Congratulations to "Rodney" and his partner on the safe arrival of their new baby daughter.
"supraboy" on passing his driving test!
The mighty NPOC Bears who won the JAE 2009 Tug Of War competition, making it two years in a row!! Big%20smileClap

Members yearly review:

Over to "Jonny-Young" and his feedback for 2009:

"Well what a year for me owning my first Nissan Primera and joining such an awesome club was the best move I ever made!

I really enjoyed JAE 2009, what a weekend that was and I don’t think I’ve ever experienced an atmosphere like it and the members together with the cars, is what made it such a great event.

As for cars, I think the one that has really stood out for me this year (well while I’ve been here) has been “rhinop11”’s monster creation!! It’s a truly sweet motor.

Gotta say I love the new forum layout and style too, a lot nicer to navigate and search.

I think to end this I will say, that the Nissan Primera is the best car I’ve ever owned and I don’t intend to get rid of her anytime soon, so you are all stuck with me!"

October 2009

Car Of The Month for October 2009 is traditionally devoted to our weekend at the JAE show and this years event was a classic.

This one will stay fresh in our memories for a long time to come, roll on JAE 2010!

Club Meets:

Now you would have thought that after the weekender bender that was JAE in September, the club members would have gone into rehab, or hibernation..! You would be wrong LOL.. October saw many many members and their Nissan Primeras out and about at National & Regional Meets!Clap

NPOC had a fantastic presence at the "Modified Live" National show. Here are a few pictures of the event:

A local meet took place in Redcar, some shots:

A meet took place in Portsmouth (on the hill):

A local meet took place in Luss (Tartania Land), check these out:

A meet took place in Sheffield, here are a few photos from the day:

Right at month end on Halloween, the Southern members (joined by a hew hardcore Northerners!) headed on over to their annual Southern rolling road meet at Power Engineering. The AOC joined us and a great day was had by all:

Meet madnessRockon

If you ever want to know what club meets are on and where, they are all announced in our Meetings & Events Section, foun here:

Shaun's fav mods from October went to...:

"P12DMR" as well as having one of the most "in ya face guvna" exteriors on his Nissan Primera P11 Sri (we love it here), also spent some serious time on dressing up the engine with a new colour scheme.. Behold all of this:

A newly painted cam cover (rocker cover if you will) and look at the stud fastenings!!

He matched the colour with his strut brace (again with fresh and shiny nuts!)

Replaced the filter to match!!

Some lovely yellow stickerage (and you can also just spy his yellow induction filter).. And to finish, an overall engine bay shot which also shows the additional bits and bobs he has colour matched in yellow:

Top work and this car was a real crowd puller on the JAE 2009 StandClap

And now for a simple yet truly fantastic modification from "Tom-P10" to his P10 Nissan Primera LX.  After being rather irritated by the factory gap around the stalks on his car, like so:

He then got hold of some rubber doofers, like so:

And thus created the perfect finish:

Sometimes the simplest mods can be the best and we are digging that one big time Big smile

"TZRaceR6" made some choice engine / performance mods on his Nissan Primera P11 GT. He fitted a lovely new stainless steel exhaust manifold (or header if you're American like he isWink). He then added some Magnecor ignition leads as well and spent some time colour matching the whole engine bay with the red colour outside:

Some fine mods laid down there!Clap

October 2009 saw a double header of our members photo competition take placeRockon As usual the entries were absolute top shelf!!

So here's a look at round 26 first, the subject for this competition was "Distance".  This was won by "Leon_gt" with the majority vote going his way, not forgetting his excellent photo of courseClap:

With round 26 out of the way, we moved on to round 27 and an apt seasonal theme too!! "Autumn" was the keyword and the winning photograph as voted, by the members was "Darwin" and this crackerClap:

Gorgeous!!

"JC#79" got the Nordic Turbo GTLE looking 1st class and showed us this fantastic night time photo:

Members personal news:

EVOGT" passed his gas exams and bagged himself five years of peaceClap

Members yearly review:

Is it gonna be good news? Let's find out, "GaryeGT".. What you got for us fella?

"Well seeing that I’m not actually in the UK, all I really have to go by is the forums. Looking at my post count it’s obvious that I like talking on them and if I didn’t enjoy the forums firstly I wouldn’t bother looking at them, nor would I not be a poster on the boards! I had some genuine good laughs on the forums, where I would near cry with the laughter (and I think it has happened a few times LOL)!

I've asked many a question on the forum and I’ve got even more answers to my questions, whether it’s concerned with my Primera or if it’s about my personal life etc, there has been an answer or some positive responses to them.

As soon as my sister mentioned coming to England and going to Alton Towers for a weekend, the first thing that came into my mind was NPOC MEET! It's what I looked forward to most about the weekend LOL. Never mind the roller coasters or the drinking that was to be had, it was to meet a few people from the internet

Cheshire was my favourite NPOC meet of 2009 for obvious reasons LOL!
Picking my favourite club car of 2009 is kind of a tough one! There’s not one that doesn’t really do it for me to be honest, be it standard or highly modded. I'd like to say “sprint”s P10 eGT, “prim-n-proper”s P10 eGT or “dazzywazz”s Turbo Ford Primera! That was truly amazing! But I really can’t choose as they’re all fantastically beautiful in their own way and I can’t choose just one! But I'd honestly say mine the most, simply because its mine and I love it!
Outside of the forums, another local fella “Bobman” who has a Nissan Primera P11 1.6 GX called me a Primera guru, I can do nothing but thank NPOC for that comment!

NPOC FTW"

October 2009, saw us move to a new webhost and a forum upgrade to the very latest software version... It was looooooonnnnnnnnng overdue too!

For those that can remember the day of the actual migration, we had previously warned that the forums could be offline for upto 72 hours - Our actual downtime was just 3 hoursSmile We copied nearly 4 GB in data to the new platform and fully upgraded the database from MSSQL 2000 to MSSQL 2008 and installed the new forum.

Thankfully we did this without ANY data loss whatsoever.

The new forum comes with super fast page loads and plenty of additional features as well, even the forum search engine now actually worksBig smile

Some of the new changes also benefit our Elite Members, it was with them in mind that we moved hosts and took on the forum upgrade. All Elite Members now get their own unique storage space on the server (known as their File Manager) and they have full control over it. They also now have the option to have a free and fully functional @npoc.co.uk email address - It further enhances our stance on giving the Elite Members as many additional benefits as we can.

With the new forum / server and optimised MSSQL database, it gives us the ability to further upgrade with ease (when upgrades are released), without any downtime.

We hope you enjoy the improved performance and thank you for the patience you have shown over the last year or so.

November 2009

Car Of The Month for November 2009 is "dyp" with his ice cool white Nissan Primera P11 GT.

Congratulations to "dyp" once again Clap and you can read the full feature here:

Club Meets:

There was a joint NPOC & AOC meet held at Goodwood (famed for being Glorious when it's not lashing down LOL!).. Anyways despite the weather and the early start, both clubs hooked up and then lined up at the racing circuit, to show out with other modified carsClap:

They then moved onto a pub for some chilled chat and chow:

Looks like a goodunRockon

Staying down South for the time being, the Southerners who hold a regular monthly get together (if there is NO National club meet), met up at their usual spot in Shoreham (Brighton) - They alternate each month between Brighton and Portsmouth.

It was a great showing given the weather and the pub meal was spot on as always:

Big smileThumbs Up

Another joint venture for some NPOC & AOC members again during NovemberClap - They met up for a curry and enjoyed more great food and chat:

The South West members met up Weston and then headed off to Cheddar Gorge to admire excellent Nissan Primera's and even more excellent (bogus dude) scenery:

Well done to all of yas who showed out and represented for the club during November 2009 - You make us all proudBig smileClap

Keep making these club meets happen!

Shaun's fav mods from November went to...:

"Geordie" and his Kuro Black Nissan Primera GT. This car has competely transformed since the day he bought it and gets better each month.. I'll skip all the "what has been done prior to November LOL and highlight a couple of things he did during November, that we all liked! The car got lowered, the windows got tinted, new alloys went on and he added some LED strip lighting up front.. Check it out!!

It's changed since the above as well!!

"GaryeGT" threw away the candle powered headlights on his Nissan Primera P10 eGT and fitted an aftermarket HID kitClap The piccy speaks for itself really:

November saw a fantastic spooky theme for the competition, "Halloween" LOL! We got some fantastic entries as always, but the winning entry was from "Sluffer":

Members personal news:

"supraboy" finally got his car insured and got out on the road for the 1st time!! He's one of our younger members who only recently passed his driving test. It was a stupid amount of money he had to pay for insurance and it took him a while to find it.. He got there in the endClap

Congratulations went out to "essNchill" on becoming a Great Uncle and that would extend to "Biojoba" for becoming a Great Auntie as well.. Here is lil' Brody-Mia:

Members yearly review:

Last one from the members (thanks to all of you who took the time to get in touch)... When he's not talking about cams, he managed to review a year in the life of NPOC - Over to "Primera Dave":

"I joined NPOC about a year ago and became an instant paid member, shortly afterwards I became an Elite paying member.

This is the only club I've ever paid to be a member off. I spend so much time on here and find it like a 2nd family LOL. The members are so helpful, friendly and always up for a laugh!

There’s been many times that the NPOC have saved my bacon (and my car) and the members always have a lot of time for advice etc.

It is the best Club ever!

The best meet I attended was Thoresby Park 2009 - I had a cracking time."

December 2009

Car Of The Month winner for December 2009 was "MysticMike" with his legendary Nissan Primera P11 GTSEClap 

Big congrats to "MysticMike" once againClap Be sure to check out the full feature here:

Club Meets:

December saw the end of year traditional Xmas club meet at the legendary Ace Cafe in LondonRockon For 7 years straight now, we have been invited to take over the Ace Cafe and spend the day chillaxing with great cars and great members.. Have a looksie yaselfSmile:

The meet carried over into the evening and the club went out for a curry and plenty to drink:

To check out the rest of the photos from this club meet, please see our mahoooosive Meets Photo Archives:

Shaun's fav mods from December went to...:

“bigsydney” who unveiled this one of a kind bumper at the end of year Ace Cafe meet. Great to see some love for his Nissan Primera P12:

“dagger” stepped up with a custom mod this month. Getting this rear strut brace fabricated for his P10 Nissan Primera hatchback:

And finally to all of the members who purchased our official NPOC car air fresheners.. As modelled here by “SRIGUY” in his lovely Nissan Primera P10 SRi:

Round 29 was themed "Sport" and "geordie" bagged the win with this cracking entry:

Round 30 had the festive theme of 'Christmas'.  We had some fantastic entries for this one, not least the winner which really captured the spirit of the contest and romped home to victory, a very clever entry from "SRIGUY", giving him his first well deserved place on the scoreboard.  The winning entry:

A special mention to finish here, thanks to all of you who take the time to enter this competitionClap We haven't decided on what to give out as a winning prize as yet but I'll be pushing for summing nice for our overall winner!

Members personal news:

"GT Janner" announced the arrival of his fourth baby!  Yes, fourth!! A beautiful lil' girl, weighing it at 7lbs 5oz's, who the parents have named Holly - Well done mum and dad!!!

======================= THE END OF THE REVIEW =========================

And that ladies, gentlemen and any hybrids, concludes your look back at 2009!! WOW it was a mammoth feature! Did anyone actually make it all the way down here?LOL

I wanted to sign out of the article with some fantastic speech, showing love, leadership and all of that cheese LOL... But the truth of the matter is, if you've made it all the way down to here and after reviewing the year, you're not thinking "fook me, NPOC is the poodles noodles and I'm a part of that", then it won't matter what I have to say about the club etc.. So, nice easy one for me here - YOU make NPOC the massive success that it is, YOU are responsible for where we are today, where we have come from and where we are going!! NPOC is YOUR club, if we don't have the committed and passionate members that keep coming here, we have no club.

Many thanks from myself, Ade and G and here's to 2010Clap

As a final footnote to this and seeing as we're in the COTM Section, I regularly get asked by members, "How do I win COTM?".. I even sometimes get cheeky little PM's saying that they want to get COTM LOL! So here's how we pick our COTM winners and the basic criteria that has to be met:

1. You have to have been a paying member for at least 1 year and you have to be a paying member at the time you get picked for the COTM award. ONLY paying members can win COTM.

2. You have to have shown your car and your mug at some Club Meets, the more the better etc. No one is gonna give a poo about reading about you and your car in a feature, if they haven't got a clue who you are or what you or your car look like in the flesh.

3. You have to have a good and regular board presence and be a known member (online).. Again as in point 2 above, if no one knows who you are, no one is really gonna be interested. Further to this, I can't work with a member for a feature if you're not online!

You may have the best Nissan Primera in the world but if you're an arrogant prick, we're not interested.

4. You may have a cracking car right now and may have met all the above points but if we know your car is in the middle of a project, or is going to become a project shortly, we will not feature it until you're done.. The summary behind this is simple, why feature a car that in 6 months time is not going to be recognisable, or has significantly changed since it got featured (yes this has happened in the past but we weren't aware).

5. Your car can be standard or modified, we don't base our judgement on either.

6. You can be an overseas member and we happily accept that you getting to our club meets, is NOT a part of the criteria in this case. We have featured overseas members before and we fully intend to do so again.

7. If you win a trophy at JAE, this means the members like your car! We always consider JAE trophy winners for our COTM features and it's only a matter of time reallySmile.

That really is about it folks, most of it is common sense. Oh and before I forget, if you do PM and tell me that you should be COTM because your car is sooooo great, it really doesn't help your causeLOL

2009 over and out!

Congratulations once again to NPOC and it's members!

January 2010 FOTM - 2009 Club Review

Written by essNchill
 Post Reply Post Reply