Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nissan Primera P11 head unit / stereo wiring plan
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P11 head unit / stereo wiring plan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moon_Monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P11 head unit / stereo wiring plan
    Posted: 27 Feb 2010 at 1:05pm
Hi chaps...

just tried to change the stereo and it.s a scotch block nightmare!!!

can someone tell me what all the wires do so i can change it.... my stereo doesn't work now!! :(
Soon to be Red SRI Hatch...
Kensai86 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kensai86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2010 at 1:12am
red - ignition
yellow-power
black - earth
grey, green, purple, white are for speakers.

remember to plug the ariel in or make a suitable earth as the primera uses the ariel as an earth and is not on the loom.

good luck Thumbs Up
Moon_Monkey View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moon_Monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2010 at 10:16am
I was meaning on the car side of things...

There's the two connectors

6-pin connector

White - ?
Pale possible yellow - Rear Left Speaker +
Pink - Front Left Speaker +
Red - Rear Right Speaker + (assuming cause of other speakers!)
Blue - ?

10 pin connector

Purple/Red - ?
Red/Yellow - Illumination Control (??? what's that???)
Pink/Black - ?
Brown - Rear Left Speaker -
Green - Rear Right Speaker -
Black/Red - ?
Brown/White - ?
Green/White - I think battery???

I got as much as I could from the 1999 G20 (p11) service manual but most of those aren't covered.....

If anyone could even just get me a photo of the aftermarket stereo fitted with a clear photo of wires and adaptor i could work it out myself....

If this is something you only want on the paying members bit could someone mail me the pics or pin out... I'm hoping to get this done before next weekend as I've got a long drive but i don't have the money to join just yet.... :(

Thanks in advance and cheers Kensai

primera_slx View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote primera_slx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2010 at 8:35pm

THis is interesting as i'm in the process of replacing the head unit on my primera. I recently brought a universal wiring harness adaptor to covert the cars wiring harness the pin arrangement on the head unit. Its called a PC2-13-4 harness adaptor, however despite nearly all the websites which sell this adaptor saying that it will fit all primeras from aug 90 to 99, it doesn't match the pin arrangement on my 97 P11 primera.....

The description above by Moon_Monkey sounds the same as mine with a 6 pin and 10 pin connectors, but does anyone know if an apdaptor harness can be brought with this pin arrangement?
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moon_Monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2010 at 9:55pm
http://www.installdr.com/Harnesses/Nissan-Wiring.pdf

right.... possibly the right one.... going to give it a try... even though the colours don't match up...

this looks like it could be a p10 harness... what will happen if i get it wrong? will it fry the car or just the stereo?

what i'm planning is to try sticking the stripped wire in the harness like a plug rather than attaching everything more permanently...

any idea's if this plan will work?
primera_slx View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote primera_slx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2010 at 7:10pm
i found the same wiring diagram on the net. The "1995 and newer" is the one we need for the P11 model, but no one seems to stock one. Very annoying. Let me know how you get on. :-)
SteveB View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2010 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by primera_slx primera_slx wrote:

THis is interesting as i'm in the process of replacing the head unit on my primera. I recently brought a universal wiring harness adaptor to covert the cars wiring harness the pin arrangement on the head unit. Its called a PC2-13-4 harness adaptor, however despite nearly all the websites which sell this adaptor saying that it will fit all primeras from aug 90 to 99, it doesn't match the pin arrangement on my 97 P11 primera.....

Strange, a PC2-13-4 fit my 97 P11 SLX perfectly.
1997 2.0 SLX P11
Kensai86 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kensai86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2010 at 8:07pm
pc2-13-4 will fit most nissan models up to 1999
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moon_Monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2010 at 1:12am
Right.... I may have it now...

6 pin separate plug             4 + 6 Pin Plug
 --------------                           ----------      ----------------
|   1   2   3   |                        |   7   8   |   |  11  12  13  |
|   4   5   6   |                        |   9   10 |   |  14  15  16  |
 --------------                           ----------      ----------------

Right.... the above are as you look at them from the car with the clips at the top and the sockets facing you.... I will test this tomorrow and let y'al know...

Car Wire Colour         Harness Colour      What it does (according to harness)

1     White                        Nothing
2     Pale Yellow               Green                  Power Antenna
3     Pink                          Purple                  Right Rear +ve
4     Nothing                     Nothing              
5     Red                           Green/Black         Left Rear -ve
6     Blue                          Purple/Black         Right Rear +ve
7     Purple/Red                Red                     Ignition / Switched 12v
8     Red/Yellow                Orange               Ilumination / Dash Light
9     Nothing                     Nothing
10   Nothing                     Nothing
11   Pink/Black                  Yellow                 +12v / Battery
12   Brown                        Grey                   Right Front +ve
13   Green                        White                  Left Front +ve
14   Black/Red                   Blue                    Left Rear +ve
15   Brown White             Grey/Black           Rear Front -ve
16   Green White              White/Black         Left Front -ve

Based on this harness http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270406712137

anyone know what that white one might be??? I'll Let y'all know tomorrow....
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moon_Monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2010 at 10:06am
Just to let peeps know that this is right.... turns out that loom is correct.... though make sure that you don't get the one I got which I'm assuming is the one for the p10 which a lot of places say cover up to 99... possibly in other models but not the primera!!! glad to have that sorted!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>