Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

p12 window regulator

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stepho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: p12 window regulator
    Posted: 10 Mar 2010 at 5:36pm
Hi guys
1.8 p12 and having problems with drivers side window.Nissan wanted 400 euro to supply and fit .Too much,so I checked out ebay and bought new regulator for 58 euro,and my mechanic fitted it.It didn't work right(might go half way down,might not go up fully etc ,so changed motor and switch. Problem still there.Rang shop and they say they sell loads of these and no problems with regulator,but they will replace it no problem. Just wondering if any of you guys put one of these in and any problems??
Can you put it too tightly etc?

Thanks for any thoughts on this,need to fix for nct!!
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2010 at 6:13pm
I understand they are not of the quality that Nissan supply but nevertheless are adequate. I think there is a setup/ learning procedure to go through after fitting, do a search on here or wait until someone who has fitted one comes along.
Gaz View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest
G4S :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2010 at 1:39pm
hey hey n welcome
rachos View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2010 at 12:20pm
I am having the same problem, 2002 p12, lost the entire window into the door!

My Dad took the door panel off and found that one of the window holders had broken and wasn't staying on the runner thus allowing the window to sink down and disapear, happened very suddenly when driving. Dad managed to do a temp fix but now daren't open the window.

Nissan quoted me £255 for a replacement including motor!! only need one little piece!! Managed to get a Nissan supplier from E-Bay who sell the regulators without motor for £53, just need to figure out how to fit it sounds complicated as have to reset motor to identify closed and open positions I think!

If anyone has any pointers would be much obliged!
renrut View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote renrut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2010 at 1:17pm
Have a look at the service manual in the download area. It has the procedure for resetting it in there.

Oh and welcome to the forums! Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply